If Dark Souls 2 doesn't have a doppelganger boss...

#1TheBigCheese42Posted 4/12/2013 10:36:31 PM
I don't even know what to think. The sense it would make... Dark Souls.

Dark = Evil/Bad.

Soul = Self.

Dark Soul = Evil Self.

The DoppleGanger (DG) would be an exact replica of the PC, just with boss level hp. Imagine:

The PC walks into a majestic room, with gold and silver ornaments scattered throughout. (Imagine a cross between Gwendoline's ((the Darkmoon guy)) hallway and the room with the giant painting, we're talking the light shining through the window turning into moonlight.) The crowing piece being a large, majestic mirror, lined with gemstones and gold, as you approach the mirror, the crystal clear image of the room contorts, turning dark and evil at the back, the PC's reflection is changed too, into a dark, evil version of themselves, the closer you get to the mirror, the darker and more sinister the room gets slowly creeping along, until the evil is about to reach the mirror.

Then, suddenly, the PC realizes that the mirror was reflecting the room! As the once well lit room suddenly looks dark, like the dead of night (imagine the transition between Anor Londo and Dark Londo , only a more... Voidy look.) the reflection in the mirror walks through, points at the PC, then cue boss music.

It could theoretically be the "gimmick" boss of the game. Like the False Idol. Something along the lines of "Damaging the boss damages you!". With the resolution being that you have to shatter the mirror to banish the boss back to it's alternate dimension, changing the world back to normal, but leaving the reflection of the room(and the player) on the mirror in their corrupted state.

We could even have an item that, upon your return to that area, allows you to travel through the mirror, becoming the corrupted PC, even have a special boss in there...

C'mon FromSoft, I'm begging you ;'(
---
Through the fire of elo hell I CARRY OOOOOOOOOOONNN!
#2SSJPabsPosted 4/12/2013 10:41:19 PM
Sage Freke posted...
He has power over dark souls, those susceptible to madness and paranoia.

---
I used to have an account in 2002, but Gamefaqs ate it.
#3TheBigCheese42(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 10:44:13 PM
SSJPabs posted...
Sage Freke posted...
He has power over dark souls, those susceptible to madness and paranoia.

Foreshadowing
---
Through the fire of elo hell I CARRY OOOOOOOOOOONNN!
#4Oni_TatsujinPosted 4/13/2013 12:26:50 AM
I like this idea... But to make it even better, let's draw from the Old Monk boss' mechanic and have another player control your doppelganger... They'll have to adapt to your armor and weapons, but the fight would be 100000% more incredible.
---
The SAFE was slain in battle. A great flaming nautical pyre carries it off to VAULTHALLA.
www.youtube.com/user/Terrafuror - Gimme a view, sweet cheeks ;)
#5kdread1Posted 4/13/2013 3:49:17 AM
Oni_Tatsujin posted...
I like this idea... But to make it even better, let's draw from the Old Monk boss' mechanic and have another player control your doppelganger... They'll have to adapt to your armor and weapons, but the fight would be 100000% more incredible.

Yeah, was just thinking this before! That's TWO gimmicks in one battle! Efficiency!

(I'm TheBigCheese42 btw, my other account got suspended because apparently even though you are part Jewish, you are not allowed to make a euphemism involving Nazis... Well played moderators, well played.)
---
Lost Karma Counter: 9
Riot will convert Wriggle's Lantern into a Support Item. Called 8/4/12.
#6Hero_DunbanPosted 4/13/2013 3:52:17 AM
inb4 stripping naked and equipping a Broken Straight Sword before the fight.

Great idea in theory, though. Kinda reminiscent of Dark Link on LoZ:OoT.
---
"i can't think of any instance i've found an R2 more useful than an R1 in pve." - liampancakes, eminent Dark Souls PvE master.
#7Alucard188(Moderator)Posted 4/13/2013 4:48:40 AM
kdread1 posted...
Oni_Tatsujin posted...

Yeah, was just thinking this before! That's TWO gimmicks in one battle! Efficiency!

(I'm TheBigCheese42 btw, my other account got suspended because apparently even though you are part Jewish, you are not allowed to make a euphemism involving Nazis... Well played moderators, well played.)

Your heritage does not give you carte blanche to make massively offensive posts.
---
Face it Cloud is a gaming icon and has appered in lots of games while mario has only appeared in 2 games sunshine and 64~xSlashbomBx
#8Hero_DunbanPosted 4/13/2013 6:12:01 AM
kdread1 posted...
Oni_Tatsujin posted...

Oh boy. That's sig-worthy.
---
"i can't think of any instance i've found an R2 more useful than an R1 in pve." - liampancakes, eminent Dark Souls PvE master.
#9Kiyosuki_Mk2Posted 4/13/2013 6:14:11 AM
Oni_Tatsujin posted...

That'd be kinda cool, although I can't help but think that there's a really trolly loophole in it if they're not careful.

What if you put on intentionally crappy gear, like really bad stuff that makes no sense...then the person invading copies you and is stuck with that gear while the host can just reequip good things?

It could only work if either the host is locked from re-equipping, or if there's no chance given to reequip because maybe the room is too small.
#10kdread1Posted 4/14/2013 3:27:40 AM
Kiyosuki_Mk2 posted...
Oni_Tatsujin posted...

That'd be kinda cool, although I can't help but think that there's a really trolly loophole in it if they're not careful.

What if you put on intentionally crappy gear, like really bad stuff that makes no sense...then the person invading copies you and is stuck with that gear while the host can just reequip good things?

It could only work if either the host is locked from re-equipping, or if there's no chance given to reequip because maybe the room is too small.

This is one of the things I was thinking off, that instead of using your items, it uses a "legendary" version of that item set.

Go in with light Armour and a dagger? The Doppleganger uses freaking tempered Mithril and a Basilisk Fang
---
(My other account got suspended because apparently even though you are part Jewish, you are not allowed to make a euphemism involving Nazis.)