Demon's souls question relating to dark souls

#1Lieutenant_FuzzPosted 4/17/2013 3:42:18 PM
I'm a player that enjoys his rolling after many hundreds of hours of dark souls, and I've never once player demon's souls. I'm curious if the invincibility frame system in demon's is the same as dark souls. So if someone could tell me that, that'd be nice.

Any other insight to the various nuances of demon's souls in relation to dark souls or otherwise would be greatly appreciated, as I plan on picking it up this weekend.
---
PSN: ShankerOfFaces
What are you, casul?
#2final_chancePosted 4/17/2013 3:44:40 PM
You'll be right at home, except for the fact that everything generally moves faster in Demon's. Attacks are faster and your character moves faster as well. Other than that, it's the same.
---
~El Psy Congroo~
PSN ID: FatBeezzee
#3HunterSCPosted 4/17/2013 3:53:02 PM
Rolling in Demon's Souls is safer in my experience as you roll further and faster (conversely, there's no jumping) which leads me to believe there are more invincibility frames. The biggest change to melee compact is that without poise you need to constantly be wary of getting stunned and interrupted.
---
HunterSC.tv - Souls coverage
#4Lieutenant_Fuzz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 3:56:46 PM
I read about the poiselessness, and I feel as though that's gonna bother me, but I've also heard a lot more of the game is cheesing with a bow and less melee oriented than dark souls.
---
PSN: ShankerOfFaces
What are you, casul?
#5Random222Posted 4/17/2013 3:58:52 PM
After playing many-an-hour of Dark Souls I actually went backwards and started playing Demon's Souls for the first time when they offered it free for PS Plus members.

The strange thing I found was that I wasn't relying on my tried-and-true tactics from Dark Souls to play and began branching out trying new things I wouldn't normally have.

There's been a gap in time between my playing the two so I'm not confident in my assessments of their differences- but I've still had a great time going through an entire new game similar in play and style.
#6final_chancePosted 4/17/2013 4:00:10 PM
So don't cheese with a bow? The option is certainly there, and like 3/4s of the bosses have a spot where you fight them that you can stand and constantly shoot arrows without ever having to move. But that doesn't mean you have to do it. It's no different from magic being ridiculously strong in both games.

If you aren't playing Dark Souls with melee, you aren't really playing the game. The same thing can be said about Demon's.
---
~El Psy Congroo~
PSN ID: FatBeezzee
#7res_black_deathPosted 4/17/2013 4:01:02 PM
If you want to cheese things then yes some bosses and quite a few enemies can be easily taken out with a bow.
#8weirdneighborPosted 4/17/2013 4:03:30 PM
There are only two roll speeds in DeS, fast and fat. In my experience the fast roll in DeS has a few more I-frames than the fast roll in DkS. Parry windows are also a little tighter.
---
A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer.
#9xoAxeloxPosted 4/17/2013 4:14:43 PM
invincibility frames during rolls in demons souls are higher than in dark souls by a noticeable amount
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#10Necro_Fear89Posted 4/17/2013 4:32:07 PM
Be warned that in DeS you climb ladders VERY SLOWLY. I had forgotten this when I went to go back and play the game after I put it down for a long while, tried to slide down the ladder and couldn't lol, still though, I had so much fun with that game.
---
Soul of the Mind key to life's ether, Soul of the lost withdrawn from it's vessel, Let strength be granted so the world might be mended- Maiden in Black