Which is harder the Witcher 2 on Dark Mode or Dark Souls?

#1THEB0SS666Posted 4/17/2013 5:22:30 PM
tw or ds - Results (97 votes)
The Witcher 2(Dark Mode)
31.96% (31 votes)
Dark souls
43.3% (42 votes)
The Witcher 2 wat dat?
24.74% (24 votes)
This poll is now closed.
If you haven't played The Witcher 2 you should it's like a more action based Dark Souls in terms of combat.
---
dell xps 7100 gtx 660sc 8gb ram amd phenom x6 1045t 3.2ghz 1.5tbhdd
Moderators are filthy disgusting creatures.
#2Fo_lc_usPosted 4/17/2013 5:25:03 PM
Probably Witcher.

In terms of difficulty, Dark Souls isn't hard as much as it is unforgiving. If you make a mistake, you take damage. If you make a bad mistake, you die. However, if you are careful and don't bite off more than you can chew, it's easy.

Games with variable difficulty modes will be harder on the hardest mode, obviously.
---
GT: remShotz
Speakeasy member.
#3Necro_Fear89Posted 4/17/2013 5:27:01 PM
I was told the Witcher 2 combat was really awesome, I didn't feel like it was all that but it was fun. That said in terms of actual difficulty the TW2 is harder I feel, enemies are not as easily exploited as they are in Dark Souls.
---
Soul of the Mind key to life's ether, Soul of the lost withdrawn from it's vessel, Let strength be granted so the world might be mended- Maiden in Black
#4SubTonic14Posted 4/17/2013 5:28:03 PM
I think Demon's Souls is harder than both of them..
#5TwistedMaestroPosted 4/17/2013 5:32:58 PM
Dark mode is a joke. Witcher 2's combat is so freaking easy once you get the hang of it. You can fly through dark mode by casting quen, mash attack, repeat, with some rolling in between. There were only a handful of times that I remember where I need to use potions and bombs.
#6CoontemptusPosted 4/17/2013 5:33:49 PM
Fo_lc_us posted...
Probably Witcher.
Games with variable difficulty modes will be harder on the hardest mode, obviously.

Not true, there are plenty of games where the "hard" or "insane" mode isn't as hard as Dark Souls on normal.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#7Lieutenant_FuzzPosted 4/17/2013 5:41:01 PM
I love dark souls with all of my being, but I really can't stand witcher 2 tbh. I tried playing it recently and the combat was total garbage.
---
PSN: ShankerOfFaces
What are you, casul?
#8CronauronPosted 4/17/2013 6:32:37 PM
Witcher 2 is easier. Dark mode allows you to make the best armor available, vampiric weapons, plus you can potion buff and buff your weapons. Also you can save almost anywhere, so there is less backtracking in the event of a mistake. This would change entirely if you refused to use gear upgrades or leveling.
#9TitanicHornetPosted 4/17/2013 7:30:08 PM
Witcher 2 isn't very difficult once you grasp the fighting mechanic.
---
You dont win silver, you lose gold!
#10FoaloalPosted 4/17/2013 8:18:19 PM
Neither game is incredibly hard, but TW2 is less predictable, and therefore will always retain some level of difficulty, whereas Dark Souls is initially challenging, but once you've memorized everything about it you should have no challenge in any area.

Even on higher NG cycles the only difference is the amount of punishment you take if you make a mistake, it's no easier or harder to make mistakes on NG+7 than it is on NG.

So my vote goes to TW2, which is an awesome game IMO especially on the native PC version. I'm definitely excited for TW3, which is supposed to be a true next gen game.