Dumbest mistakes you ever made?

#31DefianceOhioPosted 4/21/2013 11:40:36 PM
Expecting people in the burg (burgers?) not to gank/heal mid-fight.

Oh bother.

Also, I can deal with ganking on certain builds, but do people really have to gank AND heal? QQ
#32Armageddon_ManPosted 4/22/2013 5:26:59 AM
I lost 99 humanity and 300k souls by a Hollow Soldier jumping on my head in Firelink Shrine at an inopportune time, and not saving+quitting fast enough

I was salty
---
The proof is in the pudding. The pudding... of their doom~ Yodai Higgy
Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freaking moon.~ Sho Minamimoto (TWEWY)
#33WiiareVenomPosted 4/22/2013 6:16:37 AM
Probably mixing up buttons while trying to use the bow. Alot.
---
Join our bearded nation , our bearded population, our bearded operation. Its not an invitation, it is an expectation.
#34AtrabiliousPosted 4/22/2013 6:21:05 AM
Kiai posted...
kosc88 posted...
I invaded gankers in darkroot, jumped down to darkroot basin (they didn't follow), went to the fog gate next to the stairs, threw "help me" carving for some time, wondering where are the gankers, hear some footsteps behind me, get backstabed, die.

Also many times I lost 99 humanity by falling off the ledges.
Attacking butterflies in crystal cave without having ranged weapons.

I feel you.

Is there a reason to have 99 Humanity tho? I've only ever bothered with 10, which is the cap for Quelaag's Furysword.

Soft humanity gives a defence bonus to your character. I believe at 99 humanity it gives a def bonus of around 110 to all physical and elemental defences.

Up to 10 humanity gives an AR bonus to Chaos weapons, as well as Quelaag's Furysword, Chaos Blade and the Abyss Greatsword.

20 humanity boosts your item discovery up to 210 iirc? as well.
---
| Xbox 360: Atrabilious/ClassiestFiddle/Phantom Ostrava |
| PS3: Jazzy_Bones/PhantomOstrava |
#35DarthSchubertPosted 4/22/2013 6:46:19 AM
Got the channeler's trident on my first playthrough, figured I didn't want to use it, fed it to frampt.

Later spent hours and horus farming it so I could get 1000/1000...
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."
#36zterransPosted 4/22/2013 7:39:41 AM
Was in New Londo, wanted to head back to firelink, so stepped into the elevator...except the elevator was still at Firelink. Probably one of the more elementary mistakes, never step into elevator until its actually there. Did learn there was a pit below it, though.
---
Remember: When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is NOT our friend.
#37Rain42206Posted 4/22/2013 9:27:24 AM
TheSilentMirage posted...
Dagorha posted...
I once dropped a fire keeper soul at snuggly's nest to see of she would take it. I accidentally pressed O right after and back stepped off the cliff.

First time I tried to trade with Snuggly, I used the wrong nest.

I did that as well
---
Favorite game series: FF, RE, Suikoden, Hitman, GoW, ES, DQ, CoN, BG, KH, LoK, Tactics Ogre, DS, Travian and X-Men Legends.
#38Kiai(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 7:38:15 PM
Atrabilious posted...
Kiai posted...
kosc88 posted...
I invaded gankers in darkroot, jumped down to darkroot basin (they didn't follow), went to the fog gate next to the stairs, threw "help me" carving for some time, wondering where are the gankers, hear some footsteps behind me, get backstabed, die.

Also many times I lost 99 humanity by falling off the ledges.
Attacking butterflies in crystal cave without having ranged weapons.

I feel you.

Is there a reason to have 99 Humanity tho? I've only ever bothered with 10, which is the cap for Quelaag's Furysword.

Soft humanity gives a defence bonus to your character. I believe at 99 humanity it gives a def bonus of around 110 to all physical and elemental defences.

Up to 10 humanity gives an AR bonus to Chaos weapons, as well as Quelaag's Furysword, Chaos Blade and the Abyss Greatsword.

20 humanity boosts your item discovery up to 210 iirc? as well.

...I wish I knew all this on my first time through. Especially the Defense bonus (yeah some Knight I was). >_<

WiiareVenom posted...
Probably mixing up buttons while trying to use the bow. Alot.

>early game, snipe Black Knight in Undead Burg
>BK turns around and starts charging
>taps Right on the D-pad to switch to his sword
>nothing's happening
>remembers the need to get out of zoom first
>gets out... and gets faceful of BK sword
>YOU DIED

Yep, same here.
---
Whichever one of you wins is the uber-dork!
Official Moon Knight of the MVC3 boards.
#391Man1Faith1LordPosted 4/22/2013 8:14:25 PM
Having just emerged in firelink shrine after slaying queelag (sp?). I happen upon the remains of the firekeeper, which immediately elevates my adrenaline for there must be some foul creature lurking closely whom I will swiftly cut down to avenge ye!!

I walk up the stairs to a pile of ash that was once my safe haven only to see a disgusting monstrosity in the distance! Like that of a lowly worm, ayyyyyyyyeeeee!! I let loose a hail of arrows into its slimy hide, pew pew pew! It retreats into the abyss from which it came from, in my battle rage I blindly pursue it. YOU DIED. Crap...wait wasn't I supposed to meet some king seeker dude after queelag.

Man....
#40CrimsonmistPosted 4/22/2013 8:18:01 PM
After Siegmeyer jumped down to help me in Lost Izalith my first reaction was to also do so with a jump down slash... that was nowhere near any monsters but instead one shotted Siegmeyer :T
---
I might make this my sig...