Couple questions about what to do next post O and S fight...

#1Banana_morphPosted 4/22/2013 5:48:44 PM
First things first.... Tips for the knight lauritic fight, trying to relight fire link shrines bonfire at the moment.

Secondly can somebody explain how I can get the best pyromancy techniques and what I need to level up to use spells? Is it just attunement slots or do I need to level up intelligence for higher level spells? What stat effects pyromancy damage?

Finally where should I head to next? Into the depths? What should I do to prepare? Can you recommend a video Walkthrough?

I forget my current soul level but I know about grinding in the forest so if you post recommended stats I can just grind up to them. Right now i have a lightning uchigatanna and was doing somewhat of a "dex" build, but since elemental weapons don't scale with stats, should I continue to put stats into dex? Will doing so no longer increase my uchigatana's damage output?

Help me get out of this Dark Souls funk and make some progress! Thanks to anyone that replies.
---
Brawl FC: 3351-3721-2169
#2final_chancePosted 4/22/2013 5:57:00 PM
Banana_morph posted...
First things first.... Tips for the knight lauritic fight, trying to relight fire link shrines bonfire at the moment.

Secondly can somebody explain how I can get the best pyromancy techniques and what I need to level up to use spells? Is it just attunement slots or do I need to level up intelligence for higher level spells? What stat effects pyromancy damage?

Finally where should I head to next? Into the depths? What should I do to prepare? Can you recommend a video Walkthrough?

I forget my current soul level but I know about grinding in the forest so if you post recommended stats I can just grind up to them. Right now i have a lightning uchigatanna and was doing somewhat of a "dex" build, but since elemental weapons don't scale with stats, should I continue to put stats into dex? Will doing so no longer increase my uchigatana's damage output?

Help me get out of this Dark Souls funk and make some progress! Thanks to anyone that replies.

Use the stairs to your advantage against Lautrec. It forces them to come after you in a line. At that point you can fall off the ledge and attack them as they fall down after you. You can try making a beeline straight for Lautrec. If you kill him, you win, regardless of if his helpers are alive or not.

To get better pyromancy, you need to make Quelana appear in Blighttown. Doing so requires you to level up your Pyromancy Flame to +10. Once you've done that, she will appear behind one of the big stone pillars in the swamp right before you reach the "shore" to go into Quelaag's Domain. Pyromancy does not scale with stats. The only way to make it stronger is to level up your Pyro Flame. There are also certain pieces of equipment you can wear to boost magic damage as well.

As you said, elemental weapons don't scale with stats so there is little point in increasing your dex now. If you plan to stick with the Lightning Uchi, you are better off dumping your stats into Vit and End. Maybe some attunement if you plan on doing a lot of pyromancy.

As for where to go next, go to the Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith since you said you want more pyro spells. Duke's Archives holds a lot of gear for Int builds, so no rush for you to go there. Catacombs/Tomb of the Giants is for Faith builds...again...no rush. And New Londo holds the Very Large Ember, which you don't need since you went for a Lightning weapon. You can farm Titanite Chunks from there though if you need to level up your Lightning Uchi more.

New Londo or Demon Ruins. That's where I would go next.
---
~El Psy Congroo~
PSN ID: FatBeezzee
#3LutecatPosted 4/22/2013 5:58:19 PM
Tips for Lautrec: Get up in his face so he attacks, parry, and riposte a couple times.

All you need for Pyromancy is a Pyromancy Flame and the slots to equip the spell. Pyromancy damage does not increase from any stat, but rather what level your flame is upgraded to.

Intelligence affects Sorceries, and Faith affects Miracles. Different Sorceries and Miracles require different Int/Faith levels to use.

After O&S, you should head to either Lost Izalith, Duke's Archives (in Anor Londo), the Catacombs in order to get to the Tomb of the Giants, or New Londo. You need to kill the 4 Kings, Seath the Scaleless, the Bed of Chaos, and Gravelord Nito to continue progress in the game.

I'd recommend continuing to increase your dexterity to 40-45 and replacing the lightning uchigatana with a +14-15 normal path weapon eventually for more damage
#4Arc166Posted 4/22/2013 5:58:53 PM
If you run from Lautrec and his pals sometimes they get stuck on the stairs and you can just plunge them. That's about all I know. I just kill 'em lol.

Pyromancy scales in cast speed with dex, and power in how upgraded your glove is. Can be upgraded via some guy you find in the pots in the depths or a random hobo in the blighttown sewers.

Best Pyromancy is probably great combustion/black flame. Fairly sure sewer hobo sells great combustion. Black flame is in the DLC areas.

Make that weapon normal, pump dex for damage and pyromancy cast speed.

Most get to Anor Londo at 50, and finish around there too. Rec'd stats in a first run are as much endurance and vit as you feel safe with, and the rest into your primary stat, up to 40 points. For you this primary stat should be dex.
#5Banana_morph(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 6:21:23 PM
Thank you for all the great advice everyone! Didn't even think to use the stairs on laurtec. Might as well throw the game on now and see what progress I can make, wish me luck. I'm sure I'll be back soon :D
---
#6xCloudyxPosted 4/22/2013 6:48:30 PM
Banana_morph posted...
Thank you for all the great advice everyone! Didn't even think to use the stairs on laurtec. Might as well throw the game on now and see what progress I can make, wish me luck. I'm sure I'll be back soon :D

Make sure to come back and tell us if you beat him! :D
---
(\ (O_O) /) Praise the sun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0O1sH1N6n4
#7Banana_morph(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 7:27:31 PM
i'm working on it haha... i'm playing on the 360 and my shoulder buttons are NOT cooperating with me right now... that and this game is really unforgiving if you play poor.
---
#8Number4RocketPosted 4/22/2013 7:33:15 PM
Don't grind! Ever!
#9xCloudyxPosted 4/22/2013 7:35:29 PM
Banana_morph posted...
i'm working on it haha... i'm playing on the 360 and my shoulder buttons are NOT cooperating with me right now... that and this game is really unforgiving if you play poor.

Damn. That's really unfortunate. D:
What are your stats exactly?
---
(\ (O_O) /) Praise the sun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0O1sH1N6n4
#10Banana_morph(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 8:05:43 PM(edited)
EDIT: FIGURED OUT HOW TO USE MAGIC SPELLS LOLOLOL

Finally got the bastard... used humanity to heal and was pleasantly surprised to to see I got 5 back for defeating him. My stats are:

Soul Level 64
Vitality: 27
Attunement: 11
Endurance: 32
Strength: 21
Dex 21:
Resistance 10
Intelligence 12
Faith: 11

I def need to improve my vitality and endurance and obviously i'm a huge noob as my strength and dex are the same when i've been using a dex weapon since the undead merchant.... oops.
and last but certainly not least... how do i even cast a damn spell??? like fireball or great combustion for example.
---