Obtaining a +9 Enchanted Weapon before killing Gargoyles

#1Oni_TatsujinPosted 4/22/2013 5:26:57 PM
Any up and coming Sorcerers in the house? Read on, my brethren, to learn how to become really powerful, really fast. Newbies to the game might want to not bother reading this, because one of our destinations is rather difficult to navigate with the gear you'll be approaching it with.

Start as a Sorcerer. Take the Master Key starting gift. Play as normal through the Undead Burg and Undead Parish. Put one level into Attunement for another spell slot, one point into Endurance, then the rest of your levels into Intelligence, until you are SL20 (I like to put a single point into Strength so I can use Longsword, my preferred weapon to use for this setup). Have Andre upgrade your current weapon of choice until it is +5. Nab the Key from the giant gate in front of the church. Kill Lautrec for his fancy schmancy Ring.

Okay now buckle the **** up 'cuz **** is gonna get real mm'kay?

Next stop is Blighttown. Head down from Firelink, and through New Londo. Dodge those dung ogres, drop down a few levels, cross the deadly tree branch of doom, take the Sealer armor and the Remedy spell. Resume the descent and rest at the storm drain bonfire. Make your way through the swamp and rest at the Great Hollow bonfire. Use up all your Humanity now, in order to max your Item Discovery. Begin farming the leeches for Green Titanite shards, which is an easy task - they should die from a single Soul Arrow by now. They drop the Green Titanite in bunches of five... two drops and you can hightail it out of there.

On the way back to Fire Link, stop at Rickert in New Londo and have him make your weapon into a +5 Magic. Okies, hard part is done!

Next stop is Darkroot Basin. Kill the Hydra, rescue Dusk, buy her spells, then climb the infinite ladder from Metal Gear Solid 3 into Darkroot Forest proper. Run like a little ***** to the giant mushrooms, take the Enchanted Ember, Homeward Bone out.

This next part is tedious, but now you need to farm the four Crystal Golems in the Basin. You'll need seven Blue Chunks. Keep at it.

Okay! Back to Rickert. Upgrade your weapon to a +4 Enchanted. Kick. Ass.

Now go through the lower undead burg, rescue Griggs, buy his spells and Bellowing Dragoncrest ring... and you're done! Your build should look something like this: http://mmdks.com/20cc

Now go white soapstone yourself forever in front of the Parish Church and be an over powered Sunbro. Go. You know what you must do.
---
The SAFE was slain in battle. A great flaming nautical pyre carries it off to VAULTHALLA.
www.youtube.com/user/Terrafuror - Gimme a view, sweet cheeks ;)
#2Arc166Posted 4/22/2013 5:29:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3Arc166Posted 4/22/2013 5:30:13 PM
No wait, I should not post this tired.

The green things.
#4zyrax2301Posted 4/22/2013 5:30:48 PM
Farming blue chunks sucks. Never doing this.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#5xCloudyxPosted 4/22/2013 5:36:05 PM
Arc166 posted...
No wait, I should not post this tired.

The green things.

What did you say? What did you say? What did you say?

Oni_Tatsujin posted...
then climb the infinite ladder from Metal Gear Solid 3

Lol, That ladder has become famous now!
---
(\ (O_O) /) Praise the sun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0O1sH1N6n4
#6Arc166Posted 4/22/2013 5:37:01 PM
The blue things

but they're green.

You know?
#7xCloudyxPosted 4/22/2013 5:39:30 PM
Arc166 posted...
The blue things

but they're green.

You know?

Like a bag of Skittles?.. no wait, they're like yellow and stuff too. You mean like half a bag of Skittles?
---
(\ (O_O) /) Praise the sun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0O1sH1N6n4
#8Arc166Posted 4/22/2013 5:40:14 PM
I dunno.
#9FoaloalPosted 4/22/2013 5:47:04 PM
I did this for a +15 on my lvl 20 STR build, except I had to farm the much more tedious large titanite shards from the leeches. Then I had to kill Ingward and farm darkwraiths for chunks. Never managed to get a slab from them but I grabbed one from the stray demon to finish off at +15.

There's no point going to all this work especially for the sake of sunbroing though, I mean you don't need the gargoyles alive in order to help others. I did it so I could wait for dickwraiths at the Parish and surprise them when my weapon did plenty of damage. Then I realize I could just go to NG+ and do the same except without the tedious farming. So really not much point, although it was fun having such a powerful character without having fought any bosses except Capra to get to the depths (skipped Taurus Demon)
#10dozingdevilPosted 4/22/2013 10:09:40 PM
I hate farming.

Those golems are a ***** to farm. Better off making a run through the Great Hollow imo.

I wish there was a domthybomb style save that started with NOTHING except 99 of every titanite.

Game wouldn't really be any easier. Just less tedious.

In my honest opinion, I think the upgrade system shouldn't be so grindy. It doesn't make anything harder, just longer.
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot/ IronShadowDragon