The hardest thing in Dark Souls is...

#1dozingdevilPosted 4/24/2013 12:47:54 AM
...figuring out what to name my character before starting a new game.
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot/ IronShadowDragon
#2Oni_TatsujinPosted 4/24/2013 12:51:22 AM
Ser Fartface McPoopingsworth IX, Duke of Derrieres.
---
The SAFE was slain in battle. A great flaming nautical pyre carries it off to VAULTHALLA.
www.youtube.com/user/Terrafuror - Gimme a view, sweet cheeks ;)
#3dozingdevil(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 12:53:42 AM
Oni_Tatsujin posted...
Ser Fartface McPoopingsworth IX, Duke of Derrieres.

I admire your obvious lack of care, but unfortunately I do!
---
#4Hero_DunbanPosted 4/24/2013 12:54:36 AM
This. And then the crushing regret that invariably comes when you realise you don't actually like the name, but you can't simply remake the character because you spent ****ing forever working on its face and when you finally, FINALLY achieved perfection, you hit confirmation straight away whilst in the throes of elation, without sparing a second thought as to whether or not you were really, truly sure about your choice of name, a thoughtlessness that would later come to haunt you as you realise that for the entirety of your playthrough you will NEVER be able to escape that sinking feeling of disappointment that overcomes you whenever you behold your character's name at the level up screen! *gasps*

All the pain... returning. Curse you, Dozing.
---
"i can't think of any instance i've found an R2 more useful than an R1 in pve." - liampancakes, eminent Dark Souls PvE master.
#5chupachupPosted 4/24/2013 1:01:04 AM
pfffft think that's hard ? try getting a new name for psn, now that's torture.
---
We are trying to create a game that is spicy. And we want to make it as spicy as possible. But its edible and tastes good and leaves you wanting more.
#6dozingdevil(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 1:02:02 AM
chupachup posted...
pfffft think that's hard ? try getting a new name for psn, now that's torture.

I recently secured IronShadowDragon immediately after the Fairy Tail chapter was released. I'd say I do well in swooping in for the good names. <3
---
#7babysbadnewsPosted 4/24/2013 1:44:00 AM
I think building the character is the hardest...
---
"We offer full health, dental and you get to kill things" - Chairman
#8Exiled_TonberryPosted 4/24/2013 2:52:30 AM
Killing Priscilla.
Why must the game be so cruel to the most innocent character in it ;_;
---
PSN:Exiled_Tonberry
#9Necro_Fear89Posted 4/24/2013 3:06:25 AM
Exiled_Tonberry posted...
Killing Priscilla.

You know,

I often wonder what she would do if she had her chance to take revenge for being locked in there, then I realize she has a scythe called the "Lifehunt" Scythe. And that even gods feared her so much they had to lock her away, while I do think she's a victim of the cruelty of her being a dragon crossbreed I wouldn't say she's completely good either. Yeah she lets you go if you don't attack her, but who's to say she just wasn't on her period that day so she felt like having mercy? Or what if at knowing how powerful you must be to actually get to her, she actually feared you? Still, she's an interesting NPC and I really wish FromSoft had done more with her in-game other than as an optional boss. FromSoft knows damn well people in the west go crazy over kawaii giant half dragon girls with a fluffy tail who plays hard to get!
---
Soul of the Mind key to life's ether, Soul of the lost withdrawn from it's vessel, Let strength be granted so the world might be mended- Maiden in Black
#10dozingdevil(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 3:13:38 AM
Necro_Fear89 posted...
Exiled_Tonberry posted...
Killing Priscilla.

You know,

I often wonder what she would do if she had her chance to take revenge for being locked in there, then I realize she has a scythe called the "Lifehunt" Scythe. And that even gods feared her so much they had to lock her away, while I do think she's a victim of the cruelty of her being a dragon crossbreed I wouldn't say she's completely good either. Yeah she lets you go if you don't attack her, but who's to say she just wasn't on her period that day so she felt like having mercy? Or what if at knowing how powerful you must be to actually get to her, she actually feared you? Still, she's an interesting NPC and I really wish FromSoft had done more with her in-game other than as an optional boss. FromSoft knows damn well people in the west go crazy over kawaii giant half dragon girls with a fluffy tail who plays hard to get!

I think she's a neutral (good?) kind of character. Indifferent to the problems of the world as long as people respect her own ways. Willing to get down and dirty if the situation calls for it. Someone who isn't afraid to do dark things for good reasons. An ends justifies the means kind of person. I do see her as a victim. She was imprisoned for reasons beyond her control, in a foreign land, and she still has the decency to allow you to live if you leave her be. If she really feared you as much as you say, then instead of asking you to leave, surely she would offer her allegiance as opposed to fighting against someone stronger than her?
---