The hardest thing in Dark Souls is...

#11Necro_Fear89Posted 4/24/2013 4:36:46 AM
dozingdevil posted...
Necro_Fear89 posted...
Exiled_Tonberry posted...
Killing Priscilla.
Why must the game be so cruel to the most innocent character in it ;_;

You know,

I often wonder what she would do if she had her chance to take revenge for being locked in there, then I realize she has a scythe called the "Lifehunt" Scythe. And that even gods feared her so much they had to lock her away, while I do think she's a victim of the cruelty of her being a dragon crossbreed I wouldn't say she's completely good either. Yeah she lets you go if you don't attack her, but who's to say she just wasn't on her period that day so she felt like having mercy? Or what if at knowing how powerful you must be to actually get to her, she actually feared you? Still, she's an interesting NPC and I really wish FromSoft had done more with her in-game other than as an optional boss. FromSoft knows damn well people in the west go crazy over kawaii giant half dragon girls with a fluffy tail who plays hard to get!

I think she's a neutral (good?) kind of character. Indifferent to the problems of the world as long as people respect her own ways. Willing to get down and dirty if the situation calls for it. Someone who isn't afraid to do dark things for good reasons. An ends justifies the means kind of person. I do see her as a victim. She was imprisoned for reasons beyond her control, in a foreign land, and she still has the decency to allow you to live if you leave her be. If she really feared you as much as you say, then instead of asking you to leave, surely she would offer her allegiance as opposed to fighting against someone stronger than her?

I actually think she could leave anytime she wanted, she has nothing stopping her that we know of from plunging down from the plank herself and going back to Lordran. She obviously knows where the exit is and how to return but she just decides to stay, I wonder why. Maybe she has been there since she was a child so it's the only place she knows as home? Or maybe she is guarding the exit to make sure nothing can escape? Regardless, now that the gods have been steadily losing power in Anor Londo I don't imagine her facing any real opposition should she choose to return. Maybe she knows what's going on in Lordran, and just decides to stay away from it all so it won't affect her in the slightest but then the PC comes along and just wants you gone and wants nothing to do with you. She even goes as far as saying "I beg of thee" What kind of powerful being "begs" someone to go away unless they either fear them like the plague or want absolutely nothing to do with that person? Damn, it's early in the morning and I'm talking Dark Souls lore lol
---
Soul of the Mind key to life's ether, Soul of the lost withdrawn from it's vessel, Let strength be granted so the world might be mended- Maiden in Black
#12babysbadnewsPosted 4/24/2013 4:37:52 AM
Exiled_Tonberry posted...
Killing Priscilla.
Why must the game be so cruel to the most innocent character in it ;_;

What? She is an invincible Scythe wielding Crossbred of the size of a giant. Not innocent in my book.
Snuggly is innocent or Rhea.
---
"We offer full health, dental and you get to kill things" - Chairman
#13Johnny_Jon_117Posted 4/24/2013 4:59:21 AM
For the "lulz" I named my character "NEWBIE". I regret it now ):
---
Every game is overrated because the Internet hates everything and wants anything that's going up to go down. Like a true villain.
#14Arc166Posted 4/24/2013 5:22:04 AM
My names are pro as ****. My faith guy is Brother Zeus, and the rest... are not that cool so who cares.
#15babysbadnewsPosted 4/24/2013 5:39:13 AM
I have two chars. Shiranui (named after Mai Shiranui from KoF) and Ciaran, wich wears a fully upgraded Ciaran set plus Gold/Dark Tracer.
---
"We offer full health, dental and you get to kill things" - Chairman
#16szathmabPosted 4/24/2013 5:43:19 AM
Mine are simple dex/faith, dex/int, str, q pyro, int/fai/dex, etc.
---
HK on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/ALLHAILHK1
A little effort here and there will serve you well, princess.
#17MadcapunlimitedPosted 4/24/2013 6:05:54 AM
I missed the whole "nonhuman race" thing of other fantasy games, so I ended up trying to make my guy into one. The pig-nosed dude, azure blue skin, dark blue hair... and when he's hollow he's all blue. What's annoying is when you then change one thing and it resets the whole face ("NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!")
---
cheese_game619 is the human equivalent of dog crap.
#18DarthSchubertPosted 4/24/2013 8:36:38 AM
I name mine after what I intend them to be, since it helps me keep track when I load up DS for the first time in a few months.

My character reads something like ..

PVPJerk
Pyro
Halberd
Faithy
CoopDude

etc.
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."
#19__Featurez__Posted 4/24/2013 8:50:04 AM
Trying to be patient when you get 'Failed to Invade' constantly when trying to invade and get invaded instead
#20Dat_PearPosted 4/24/2013 9:05:31 AM
penis joke.
---
http://www.youtube.com/de5pa1r