What weapon do I want if I liked BBS in Demon's Souls?

#11The moonlight knightPosted 4/24/2013 3:52:26 PM
It actually is possible for True Greatsword of Artorias to outdamage, say, a Claymore +15, even in NG+7, against some enemies. I mean, as far as split damage weapons go, it is sort of really high up there in terms of power. It also has 140 holy effect, which increases damage against unholy enemies like skeletons, and does bonus damage to darkwraiths, too.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#12quartercirclePosted 4/24/2013 4:38:55 PM
Fo_lc_us posted...
A straight sword that is fairly long, can be buffed, and has pretty bad scaling (but pretty good base damage)?

(Can't do anything about the split damage, none of them can be buffed)

Then the Silver Knight Straight Sword may be for YOUUUUUUUU!

For the effort it takes and at the time you can reliably attempt to farm the SKSS, you will already have far superior weapon options, not to mention buffables in the way of consumables and enchantments. I would steer clear of this thing.
#13quartercirclePosted 4/24/2013 4:41:01 PM
The moonlight knight posted...
It actually is possible for True Greatsword of Artorias to outdamage, say, a Claymore +15, even in NG+7, against some enemies. I mean, as far as split damage weapons go, it is sort of really high up there in terms of power. It also has 140 holy effect, which increases damage against unholy enemies like skeletons, and does bonus damage to darkwraiths, too.

You also need to be at a really high level to enjoy its high damage output.