I'm not seeing the benefits of the Demon Great Axe over the Demon Great Hammer

#1LuIzalotPosted 4/24/2013 8:02:52 PM
I got both these weapons at +15 and the demon great axe just barely out powers it with 659 to the hammers 638. But makes up for it with longer range and with the exception of the axes 1HR2, a better moveset.

Is there something I'm missing?
---
Sully mah waifu
#2Proudleaf24Posted 4/24/2013 8:44:12 PM
The Demon Greataxe, due to having such high durability and being purchasable, makes for an excellent crystal weapon, yielding a whooping 739 AR at 50 STR 2handed. It will have 60 durability at +5 Crystal.

This is where it's superior.

The Demon's Great Hammer is outclassed by the Great Club, as well.
---
You're gonna love my nuts
#3akechi419Posted 4/24/2013 8:47:03 PM
this is good to know cuz after 2 yrs i made a str build recently.
---
PSN ID: Arkangel419
#4LuIzalot(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 9:47:15 PM
What if you don't like using crystal weapons? Is it still better considering that?

I know the Demon Great Hammer is outclassed by the Great Club. But the Great clubs a tree stump.
---
Sully mah waifu
#5PHoToS999Posted 4/24/2013 9:57:48 PM
Well, the AR is higher, so there's one plus.

However, you will most definitely do better with a weapon you like. It's something I call swag, which adds or subtracts from your chances of winning.
It's psychological: if you feel like a badass, you're more likely to be a badass. If you don't feel awesome at all, it subtracts from your chances of winning.

Some people get swag from knowing they have all of the numbers on their side. Others get swag from the feel of the moveset. Others still gain swag from how they look.
Lastly, people get swag from a little place inside your soul Musashi calls the spirit of void. This is the most powerful form of swag, because it's like casting Iron flesh on your mind (without the slowing effect though).

So use the Demon Great Hammer, grasshopper.
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
Click for face melting: http://iwantmoar.com/1527
#6ZoosIVXXPosted 4/24/2013 11:51:25 PM
The hammer is just an ugly weapon
---
Widdly scuds
Current PSN(s): BiggieSmoughs/LordranReaper
#7dozingdevilPosted 4/25/2013 2:53:33 AM
PHoToS999 posted...

However, you will most definitely do better with a weapon you like. It's something I call swag, which adds or subtracts from your chances of winning.
It's psychological: if you feel like a badass, you're more likely to be a badass. If you don't feel awesome at all, it subtracts from your chances of winning.

Some people get swag from knowing they have all of the numbers on their side. Others get swag from the feel of the moveset. Others still gain swag from how they look.
Lastly, people get swag from a little place inside your soul Musashi calls the spirit of void. This is the most powerful form of swag, because it's like casting Iron flesh on your mind (without the slowing effect though).

+1
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot/ IronShadowDragon
#8Dex_PyromaniacPosted 4/25/2013 2:58:51 AM
PHoToS999 posted...

When I fashion souls with chaos blade its game over for everyone
---
Video games always break the fourth wall, theyre like 'Snake, push the SELECT button!' and Snakes probably like 'What the f***!?'
-lordofultima
#9vegetassj3421Posted 4/25/2013 3:01:45 AM
I can't use either but I have the great axe. Love seeing my guy throw his back out swinging it. Maybe one day I'll be able to use it my STR is only 24 right now.
---
PSN:VegetaSSJ3420
#10The moonlight knightPosted 4/25/2013 3:21:14 AM
Demon's Greataxe just enjoys the fame of having the absolute highest AR of any weapon.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)