Anyone got some ideas to add to a challenge run?

#1AtrabiliousPosted 4/25/2013 3:28:00 AM
So I decided I'd give PvE another run through and do something different, since I've never done much in the way of challenge runs. I'm currently doing ENB's "Epic Defined" challenge (just sitting in the burg bonfire atm) with a few modifications and thought I'd see if anyone else could add something interesting to the mix.

ENB Rule Set (Bold is my personal additions)

- You may not level.
- With the exception of rings, you may only use your starting equipment. DWGR, RTS and Wolf are not allowed
-The only Blacksmiths who may Modify your equipment are Andre and Rickert.
Normal, Raw, Divine, Occult, Magic, and Enchanted are ok.
Fire and Lightning are NOT allowed.
- You may not use any healing items during a boss battle. Clerics can cast heal with no restrictions. I'm not allowed to heal at any point in the playthrough. 'No Estus Flask' glitch used at game start, if I need to heal I must find a bonfire
- You may not enter new covenants. (If you are a knight / cleric, Way of White is allowed.)
- You may not upgrade your pyromancy flame. I am not allowed to to use pyromancy
- No summons.
- You MAY buy consumables, including resins, spells and arrows. You MAY remove equipment.
- If I am at a bonfire and I have either soft or hard humanity, I must turn human and run the risk of invasion. If the level has an NPC Black Phantom, I must kill them.
- I must defeat all fog-gate bosses in the game before confronting Gwyn, DLC included.
- I am not allowed to use a shield

---

My starting class is Warrior if it matters, since I figured the trusty ol' longsword will see me through this alright.

Suggestions?
---
| Xbox 360: Atrabilious/ClassiestFiddle/Phantom Ostrava |
| PS3: Jazzy_Bones/PhantomOstrava |
#2Exiled_TonberryPosted 4/25/2013 3:50:35 AM
There's a borderline between "fun and challenging " and "F***ing ridiculous" ...
---
PSN:Exiled_Tonberry
#3Atrabilious(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 3:55:28 AM
Na. Longsword > everything
---
#4RaverbasherPosted 4/25/2013 4:01:25 AM(edited)
- You are not allowed to cry or show any signs of outward frustration.
- You can't stop playing because the going gets tough.
- You must finish the game with these restrictions; no quitting.
---
Our greatest glory is not in never trolling, but in rising every time we troll - Confucius
#5Dex_PyromaniacPosted 4/25/2013 4:03:20 AM
unarmed only sl1 ng+7 goml ggnore

:D
---
Video games always break the fourth wall, theyre like 'Snake, push the SELECT button!' and Snakes probably like 'What the f***!?'
-lordofultima
#6Atrabilious(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 4:21:06 AM
Raverbasher posted...
- You are not allowed to cry or show any signs of outward frustration.
- You can't stop playing because the going gets tough.
- You must finish the game with these restrictions; no quitting.

Game over man, game over.
---
#7MAST3R_INF3RN0Posted 4/25/2013 5:22:04 AM
Done.
---
XBL GT: iiFaLCoN PAWNCH
PSN: iiFaLCoN_PAWNCH
#8Atrabilious(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 5:26:06 AM
Welp, I decided to start. Died once to Taurus (lol) and once to a griefer in the parish. Good times.

Thanks anyway.
---
#9CoontemptusPosted 4/25/2013 5:33:32 AM
I actually did S&O with a base level character last night with a longsword.

Good god phase 1 took forever. I played it overly safe though, but those tiny hits were depressing.

I've done SL10/no shield before, but the no healing thing would be pretty rough for me.

I'd get bored with the starter weapons and gear, honestly. That's why I don't play SL1's anymore, too limited. SL10 gives you a ton of variety with either extra attunement slots or a lot more weapon choices, halberds like the Scythe and gargoyle halberd in my case being my favorites for low level runs.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#10Quints3Posted 4/25/2013 7:52:44 AM
I did similar with a starting knight.

Only thing i added was that every in game event(sigmeyer/solaire hollow/logan and all of them had to be completed as well) and by the end of it all npcs and bosses including minibosses had to be killed as well.
---
The end is now starting, Oh, so please just take your seat, And live your last moments waving goodbye, desperately. PSN: Quints3
Lol alt: Dawk_Sulls