So the intro (As seen from a newcomer) (No Spoilers past Intro)

#1Patriarch105Posted 4/25/2013 8:08:00 PM
So this intro...It's putting me asleep real fast but let me see if I'm getting this story right so far as I do want to know what's happening.

A long time ago before there was life. There was Dragons and the Dragon's reigned over the world. A world that sounds a lot like Demon's Souls without civilization.

Then Fire came. For apparently no reason. And with Fire was born Every cliche opposite any writer would ever want to use.

Then from the new dark came unlife which started digging souls from the fire and summoned lords

Nito Lord of Death

Witch of Izalith and Generic band of who cares

Gwyn Lord of Sunlight and his army of Bolitarian knights

Furtive pygmy who everyone forgot about and judging from the way this story is set up is either the ultimate path to good or evil.

And they joined forces an said HEY lets fight those dragons using Lightning, Fire, Disease. A fight that seems to have no purpose other then being jerks to dragons.

Seath the scaleless aka Patches the Hyena DeS style joins in which is weird because you'd think a scaleless dragon would be king cripple among dragons.

Age of Fire started.

But flames will fade bringing dark. fire is weakening and a cult of people wearing Darksign exist which is either Sauron's one ring or "The Ring" from the horror movie Or johnnny cash fans. And with Dark I assume is the return of Dragons because every ring in the world needs to be a reference to the circle of existence or life or some such nonsense.

Darksign brands undead? So...The living brand undead? Or Undead have the brand....And YOUR an undead and every undead is shoved in a jail up north.

Am I close? am I missing something that I should of taken away from that intro. Please no spoilers. Just trying to be sarcastic for laughs.
---
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#2OusellePosted 4/25/2013 8:11:54 PM
If you're playing Dark Souls for a cohesive storyline, you're playing the wrong game.
#3SteamyPunkPosted 4/25/2013 8:13:59 PM
Please post updates every 10 seconds describing what happened in the game and we will be happy to tell you if that is what happened.

For your first post. Yes, that is the intro. Based on your ability to summarize what you just saw, I'm thinking you'll be pro at this game.
#4xCloudyxPosted 4/25/2013 8:18:28 PM
SteamyPunk posted...
For your first post. Yes, that is the intro. Based on your ability to summarize what you just saw, I'm thinking you'll be pro at this game.

This.
---
(\ (O_O) /) Praise the sun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0O1sH1N6n4
#5Exiled_TonberryPosted 4/25/2013 8:21:15 PM
Yeah. Although literally everything except their names are moot in terms of the story.
The story of Dark Souls lies in it's background.

Hint: Read item descriptions occasionally.
---
PSN:Exiled_Tonberry
#6MC_Knight01Posted 4/25/2013 8:27:27 PM
Ouselle posted...
If you're playing Dark Souls for a cohesive storyline, you're playing the wrong game.

You're playing the wrong game. Dark Souls is the VERY definition of cohesive story. You have to put together all the little bits and pieces...maybe you didn't understand what cohesive meant?
---
The PvP Code: More like "guidelines" than actual rules
#7Patriarch105(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 8:30:39 PM
SteamyPunk posted...
Please post updates every 10 seconds describing what happened in the game and we will be happy to tell you if that is what happened.

I love the sarcasm. I'm guessing you didn't bother to see mine. I'm just trying to see if i understood everything that intro was trying to tell me because I feel like I'm missing something. Because it screams in your face ACCEPT THIS STUFF DO IT. So loudly (Figuratively) as to make it seem like I'm missing something.

I'm not just some random joe who doesn't understand story

Should I qualify myself by explaining the finer points from a different story? like how the story of Gatsby tries to show us that while yellow/gold often mean wealth and beauty in society that in the story it is also a tool to convey death?
---
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#8Patriarch105(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 8:40:16 PM(edited)
MC_Knight01 posted...
Ouselle posted...

You're playing the wrong game. Dark Souls is the VERY definition of cohesive story. You have to put together all the little bits and pieces...maybe you didn't understand what cohesive meant?

This is what I more or less expect from this game. Demon's Souls you had to interpret the story to a cretin degree. Like the relationship between "The Old One" and God. Imagine several heroes like Vallarfax The Twin Fang and Vito the Moonlight Knight and whether or not Garl Vinland killed his companion for Maiden Astraea as you only find his sword.

How the 3 black phantoms in 1-4 are meant to be Alfred, Metas, and Oolan part of King Allant's round table of knights.

I don't expect the story to be garbage I just expect it to be subtle and not extensive This intro just screams in your face "ACCEPT THIS AS FACT AND MOVE ON" And it feels like walking into a brick wall.
---
#9HeavensEndPosted 4/25/2013 8:45:53 PM
Also TC watch for Aria T'Loak. She beat you up pretty badly before.
---
PSN: DyingDreams
A gamer is just that, regardless of gender
#10Snipa_Wulf12Posted 4/25/2013 8:55:39 PM
Patriarch105 posted...
MC_Knight01 posted...
Ouselle posted...

This is what I more or less expect from this game. Demon's Souls you had to interpret the story to a cretin degree. Like the relationship between "The Old One" and God. Imagine several heroes like Vallarfax The Twin Fang and Vito the Moonlight Knight and whether or not Garl Vinland killed his companion for Maiden Astraea as you only find his sword.

How the 3 black phantoms in 1-4 are meant to be Alfred, Metas, and Oolan part of King Allant's round table of knights.

I don't expect the story to be garbage I just expect it to be subtle and not extensive This intro just screams in your face "ACCEPT THIS AS FACT AND MOVE ON" And it feels like walking into a brick wall.

Once you get past the intro and its heavy handed explanations youll start to find more subtle and interesting things and lore. Especially if you're interested in the DLC.

If you want more detail then that's where the spoiler area starts.
---
PSN:Snipa_Wulf
CAUTION: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO CAUSE BUTTHURT. ESPECIALLY IN MODS.