Why are there so many hackers? I've ran into like 3 today. What happened?

#1Hollow98Posted 4/26/2013 7:29:30 AM
Topic
#2SubTonic14Posted 4/26/2013 7:33:07 AM(edited)
There's been a sudden influx ever since mega mule came out, IIRC. People are figuring out how to save edit on the PS3 now. This might not bode well for DkS2, but it's not like the majority of players do this. It's just a blemish and should be ignored for the most part. The more attention you give these guys, the more fun they'll have doing it.
#3AlltraPosted 4/26/2013 7:34:53 AM(edited)
They finally figured out how to. Frankly I'm surprised it took them this long. It really shouldn't be all that surprising though, any game with Online is going to be hacked eventually.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#4KryIon_KidPosted 4/26/2013 7:35:20 AM
Disconnect or crystal out and block, not worth the hassle.
---
PSN: Wunderloss
#5Arc166Posted 4/26/2013 7:37:57 AM
So long as it doesn't become like Borderlands 1 (where the playerbase acted like if you didn't want to arrange a co-op session, and just wanted drop in fun, but were annoyed at hackers, you were the devil himself) with 99% of the playerbase being invincible and killing everything instantly, should be fine.

Wonder if Borderlands 2 is as hacky. Liked the core gameplay, but the online in the first was just terrible thanks to its fan-base.
#6Spaceball65Posted 4/26/2013 7:54:15 AM
I think this trend will burn out before too long... When you see a hacker, block their PSN -- eventually they'll have no one to invade but other hackers. Then they can just wail away at each other, neither of them taking damage from there multiple DMB's and 99 WOG's, until they lose interest in the game...

Don't send hate mail.
Don't feed the trolls.
#7Frank_PoolePosted 4/26/2013 8:18:48 AM
Spaceball65 posted...
I think this trend will burn out before too long... When you see a hacker, block their PSN -- eventually they'll have no one to invade but other hackers. Then they can just wail away at each other, neither of them taking damage from there multiple DMB's and 99 WOG's, until they lose interest in the game...

Don't send hate mail.
Don't feed the trolls.

Incidentally, does blocking someone just block that particular PSN Id or does it block their console?
#8Spaceball65Posted 4/26/2013 8:23:48 AM
Just the PSN I think.
#9cucumberkingPosted 4/26/2013 8:25:37 AM
Arc166 posted...
So long as it doesn't become like Borderlands 1 (where the playerbase acted like if you didn't want to arrange a co-op session, and just wanted drop in fun, but were annoyed at hackers, you were the devil himself) with 99% of the playerbase being invincible and killing everything instantly, should be fine.

Wonder if Borderlands 2 is as hacky. Liked the core gameplay, but the online in the first was just terrible thanks to its fan-base.

I have Borderlands 2 and trust me, it is pretty bad. People have hacked guns and hacked relics and hacked class mods and hacked...everything.

You can meet some pretty cool people though. None of the hackers I've met have been rude or anything, they're just playing differently.
---
Youtube: MilkmanYeti PSN Milkmanyeti or ThePantsCougar NintendoID: Milkmanyeti
#10GixenPosted 4/26/2013 8:30:05 AM
You can block a user from interacting? All ive heard of is blocking their messages....
---
PSN: Gixen99