Why are there so many hackers? I've ran into like 3 today. What happened?

#11dthomas125Posted 4/26/2013 9:38:15 AM
Gixen posted...
You can block a user from interacting? All ive heard of is blocking their messages....

Yea I thought this was how it worked. I thought even if you blocked someone they could still invade/be invaded by you.
---
PSN - dthomas125 - "When the people fear the gov't there is tyranny. When the gov't fears the people there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
#12KryIon_KidPosted 4/26/2013 9:39:51 AM
Gixen posted...
You can block a user from interacting? All ive heard of is blocking their messages....

You can't invade or be invaded by someone you've blocked.
---
PSN: Wunderloss
#13Arc166Posted 4/26/2013 9:47:29 AM

I have Borderlands 2 and trust me, it is pretty bad. People have hacked guns and hacked relics and hacked class mods and hacked...everything.

You can meet some pretty cool people though. None of the hackers I've met have been rude or anything, they're just playing differently.

I see. Thanks for the info. Will prolly get when it goes GOTY (Don't have enough memory for the DLC, so I need it on disk).

Worst hacking trick I saw in the first game are people who'd join, causing everyone else to go into minus HP instantly somehow. Thankfully they were rare and were always promptly kicked.
Most of the other hackers seemed nice, just kinda... misguided. Like they honestly couldn't understand that I don't want more HP than should be possible.
#14GixenPosted 4/26/2013 9:58:22 AM
KryIon_Kid posted...
Gixen posted...

Ok, cause when i add a block it says im blocking the ability to receive messages from the person....
---
PSN: Gixen99
#15Rlaur2Posted 4/26/2013 12:13:32 PM
Blocking someone won't stop them from connecting to you in-game, it really is just for messages.
---
-_-
#16LutecatPosted 4/26/2013 12:20:41 PM
KryIon_Kid posted...
Gixen posted...

Yes you can.
#17SubTonic14Posted 4/26/2013 12:21:15 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna need some confirmation of these claims. It seems incredibly silly for the blocking function to work with games, too. If this were true, then a game like Dark Souls is doomed to die no matter what, because tons of people will just block invaders that frustrated them. There's also the fact that you can still play in other games' lobbies with players you've blocked. If Dark Souls is really an exception to that rule, I want evidence.
#18KryIon_KidPosted 4/26/2013 12:21:21 PM
Rlaur2 posted...
Blocking someone won't stop them from connecting to you in-game, it really is just for messages.

I'm pretty confident in saying that it works in blocking people within the game. I've never seen any one of the people I've blocked after having done so, and these are people who play very frequently in the same areas I do (particularly burg). On two separate occasions I kept getting invaded by the same person continuously or in every other invasion but it stopped immediately after blocking them. It could be a fluke... but I doubt it since I have two accounts with block lists almost full, so that's ~50 people I haven't seen in a long time.
---
PSN: Wunderloss
#19LutecatPosted 4/26/2013 12:22:18 PM
KryIon_Kid posted...
I've never seen any one of the people I've blocked after having done so

I have
#20KryIon_KidPosted 4/26/2013 12:23:42 PM
Lutecat posted...
KryIon_Kid posted...
I've never seen any one of the people I've blocked after having done so

I have

Too bad then, because it works for me =D