Why do Japanese players exclusively backstab?

#1Lieutenant_FuzzPosted 4/26/2013 9:28:58 PM
Every Japanese player I've played with so far has quite literally done nothing but fish for backstabs. It's a little ridiculous. Did they all go to the same Dark Souls academy where they did nothing but backstab?
---
PSN: ShankerOfFaces
What are you, casul?
#2ZoosIVXXPosted 4/26/2013 9:31:00 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3Lieutenant_Fuzz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 9:33:16 PM
#4Nick_Chaos007Posted 4/26/2013 9:34:27 PM
I remember recounting quite a hilarious story with a Japanese player in the arena.

I kept encountering someone who rolled backstab and ONLY rolled backstab. He would never attack until I attacked and would just ninja flip through me and backstab. So I stopped attacking. Completely avoided magic, melee...everything. The fight endedin a draw...A DRAW! Turns out patience is the greatest weapon of them all.

Encountered him again, same strat, same result. Draw each and every time. I really hope roll BS isn't a "thing" in DS2.
---
Kill one man, You're a murderer. Kill 1,000 men, You're a king. Kill them all....and You're a god!
#5Lieutenant_Fuzz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 9:37:18 PM
Nick_Chaos007 posted...
I remember recounting quite a hilarious story with a Japanese player in the arena.

I kept encountering someone who rolled backstab and ONLY rolled backstab. He would never attack until I attacked and would just ninja flip through me and backstab. So I stopped attacking. Completely avoided magic, melee...everything. The fight endedin a draw...A DRAW! Turns out patience is the greatest weapon of them all.

Encountered him again, same strat, same result. Draw each and every time. I really hope roll BS isn't a "thing" in DS2.

I despise people like this. It's like baiting for parries but 1,000 times worse. Earlier today I fought someone that roll bs'd me 3 times in one fight, he just kept trying to bait me into attacks so he could roll bs. It's just so.... sameintercoursual
---
What are you, casul?
#6ZoosIVXXPosted 4/26/2013 9:41:47 PM
ZoosIVXX posted...

Lol these mods are diligent
---
Widdly scuds
Current PSN(s): BiggieSmoughs/LordranReaper
#7TheIronGubGubPosted 4/26/2013 9:45:01 PM
Lieutenant_Fuzz posted...

Lol two in a row
---
PSN: KingseekerFrampt (Alt PSN: LordGubGub)
Steam: KingseekerFrampt
#8Fo_lc_usPosted 4/26/2013 9:45:27 PM
The old "if they are going to fall for it" strat.

If your opponent is going to fall for a backstab, do you stop trying to go for backstabs?

Of course, fishers are easily countered if they continue to fish, so what's going on?

Did he actually land backstabs on you?
---
GT: remShotz
Speakeasy member.
#9Lieutenant_Fuzz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 9:46:59 PM
TheIronGubGub posted...
Lieutenant_Fuzz posted...

Lol two in a row

Well, mine was deleted because I quoted what his got deleted for -_-
---
What are you, casul?
#10Kiyosuki_Mk2Posted 4/26/2013 9:55:31 PM(edited)
I think it probably has more to do with the fact there's a far higher amount of Japanese players in this game than players from the Americas or Europe, especially now, so you just naturally run into more Japanese fishers.

I've seen a very good number of non-Japanese fishers too.

I will admit it does seem like the Japanese players tend to use far more dastardly invasion tactics these days (I feel like all the good Japanese duelers or more straight forward players basically left by now.) or just seem to have the goal of wasting your time as much as possible in general, but again that's probably just because I run into them far more often

This is on PS3 of course.