Help-Can't do suffiecient damage to Big Ornstein

#11HeyItsZant(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 4:53:12 AM
Gixen posted...
I assume you havenīt upgraded it at all....then thereīs no really use of it against Ornstein. You can upgrade it at the one you bought the spells from. Cost a lot of souls to get it to max though, but its worth it.

Which one? Fire ball, Fire orb, or Combustion?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYkmn347wsY
#12m415mikePosted 4/27/2013 5:12:45 AM
You upgrade the flame, not the spells. If you don't upgrade the flame, the spells will be virtually worthless.
#13JonatXPosted 4/27/2013 5:20:58 AM
Sold Quelaag's soul? Blasphemy! I used the fury sword to kill Hyper Ornstein. You COULD kill him with any other weapon except lightning since that is his element.

You could upgrade a weapon to +5 and ascend the weapon to fire with Vamos the blacksmith but you would need to do few minor things in Demon's ruins (I could be wrong on location) to get the fire ember.

But seriously upgrade a weapon to +5 and stay between his legs and attack him every now and then, escaping when he jumps to avoid electric damage.
---
There was a time when gamers didn't behave like elitist children or ask for game saves.
PSN: atomskaze-PR
#14HeyItsZant(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 5:30:39 AM
JonatX posted...
Sold Quelaag's soul? Blasphemy! I used the fury sword to kill Hyper Ornstein. You COULD kill him with any other weapon except lightning since that is his element.

You could upgrade a weapon to +5 and ascend the weapon to fire with Vamos the blacksmith but you would need to do few minor things in Demon's ruins (I could be wrong on location) to get the fire ember.

But seriously upgrade a weapon to +5 and stay between his legs and attack him every now and then, escaping when he jumps to avoid electric damage.

I'm just going to upgrade my Gargoyle halberd to a Fire Gargoyle Halberd +5...that should take care of him, right?
---
#15m415mikePosted 4/27/2013 5:32:58 AM
That should be perfect. You do not need to go anywhere to get a fire ember, Vamos already has the capability of ascending a +5 weapon to a fire weapon, which you can upgrade to fire +5 with green shards.
#16HeyItsZant(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 5:38:21 AM
m415mike posted...
That should be perfect. You do not need to go anywhere to get a fire ember, Vamos already has the capability of ascending a +5 weapon to a fire weapon, which you can upgrade to fire +5 with green shards.

Ok thanks!

And thank you to everyone else for the advice! I was about ready to give up on this game....hahaha
---
#17CoontemptusPosted 4/27/2013 11:49:48 AM
I beat him with a +2 or +3 lightning weapon (gargoyle halberd) my first time through the game on my SL10 no shield run. He takes less damage, but its certainly doable. Nothing he does can 1 shot you, so just heal when necessary.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#18KishinZephritePosted 4/27/2013 1:17:05 PM
Coontemptus posted...
I beat him with a +2 or +3 lightning weapon (gargoyle halberd) my first time through the game on my SL10 no shield run. He takes less damage, but its certainly doable. Nothing he does can 1 shot you, so just heal when necessary.

He does have that stabbing lighting grab move that does considerable damage, but at least it's telegraphed. Might be able to one shot a SL1 character with 680 hp.
---
MW2 3rd prestige 5.5 K/D Youtube-Kishinz
BO 3rd prestige 4.4 K/D PSN: KishinOmega
#19devak108Posted 4/27/2013 1:27:07 PM
Biggest_Boss posted...
Equip the pyro glove

I love the Pyro Glove. It's so bad.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjhV1DavSRM
#20CoontemptusPosted 4/27/2013 7:01:03 PM
KishinZephrite posted...
Coontemptus posted...

He does have that stabbing lighting grab move that does considerable damage, but at least it's telegraphed. Might be able to one shot a SL1 character with 680 hp.

It might, but very few things can 1 shot you in NG, even at SL1. The big hits are usually the easiest to avoid.
---
Sic semper tyrannis