Always bring your Lloyd's Talismans when you're invading...

#1SolidKnightPosted 4/28/2013 12:43:44 AM
Getting a poor sport that starts flasking during your duel (he summoned you to fight) with a Lloyd's Talisman then backstabbing him while he's stuck in the empty flask animation is priceless.
#2fatboy360Posted 4/28/2013 12:57:11 AM
SolidKnight posted...
Getting a poor sport that starts flasking during your duel (he summoned you to fight) with a Lloyd's Talisman then backstabbing him while he's stuck in the empty flask animation is priceless.

I personally don't understand the whole not using estus thing, it's a game mechanic supposed to be used? If they wanna take the risk of a backstab, go for it!!!
Also I get plenty of invaders using humanity?
What's the difference?
---
PSN ||_Psychotic_||
#3SolidKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 1:06:12 AM
fatboy360 posted...
SolidKnight posted...

I personally don't understand the whole not using estus thing, it's a game mechanic supposed to be used? If they wanna take the risk of a backstab, go for it!!!
What's the difference?

Several reasons.
1. It's an accepted duel so game progress isn't being halted by dying.
2. The host has a faster healing item than summoned players (aside from Divine Blessings which cannot be farmed).
3. Humanity has to be farmed but Estus does not.
#4cowhityourfacePosted 4/28/2013 1:06:28 AM
fatboy360 posted...
SolidKnight posted...

What's the difference?

I only use humanity if the other person heals first, or we both heal after somebody interrupts the fight. And people don't like it as it ruins the duel
---
GT: cowhityourface
#5Rolling_StonedPosted 4/28/2013 1:22:27 AM
So much hate mail for using those lovely talismans.
---
PSN: Soapy_Stowned
#6SolidKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 2:35:32 AM
cowhityourface posted...
I only use humanity if the other person heals first, or we both heal after somebody interrupts the fight. And people don't like it as it ruins the duel

I used to pop humanity but now I refrain. I'd rather lose than waste my resources on a poor sport.
#7wickedwayzmePosted 4/28/2013 4:06:51 AM
fatboy360 posted...
SolidKnight posted...

What's the difference?

I really feel like anyone who is even slightly better than average who was hosting with the mindset that they would flask during duels would be very hard to beat. Learning the distance you would need to be away from a phantom to flask without them having time to run up and bs or even just always backing into a corner and flasking wouldn't be difficult. Yeah, phantoms have humanity but they are much slower to use and not everyone wants to burn 2 or 3 humanity in one duel.
---
a touch of the the wicked ;)
#8fatboy360Posted 4/28/2013 4:07:32 AM
I don't mean to harp on but some of the best duels I've had have been where we were both close to death, the other player healed so I did too, it was tense, nail biting, evenly matched and also a good connection. Which is prob why when I get a good fight I want to prolong it!! Usually it's avoiding magic or a 1-2 sec delay which just becomes ridiculous. Bring on DS2 with dedicated servers, peer to peer is lagfest, random backs tabs from half a screen away at times.
---
PSN ||_Psychotic_||
#9The moonlight knightPosted 4/28/2013 5:01:32 AM
I think it'd be best if Estus healed invaders, too. This would allow fights to be prolonged in a more fair way should the host choose, and doesn't give phantoms a disadvantage.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#10Arc166Posted 4/28/2013 5:13:22 AM
I love the animation so much.

Its especially great on people who seem to have never been hit by Lloyd's before. They panic so much.