How much does armor really matter in this game?

#1BeardedXBatmanPosted 4/28/2013 2:19:47 AM
I'm currently using the elite knights armor and with havens ring I'm under 50% but I'm considering just switching back to my starting pyromancer armor so I'll be under 25%. But my vitality is pretty low and I don't wanna switch if the defense from the knights armor makes a huge difference.
---
XB Gamertag - BeardedXBatman
PSN ID - BeardedXBatman
#2LutecatPosted 4/28/2013 2:20:41 AM
In PVE it actually helps quite a bit.
#3BeardedXBatman(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 2:23:31 AM
Lutecat posted...

Ahhh, ok thanks. I made two characters, one PvE and one PvP and the one I'm talking about is the PvE.
---
XB Gamertag - BeardedXBatman
PSN ID - BeardedXBatman
#4SolidKnightPosted 4/28/2013 2:26:58 AM(edited)
The poise it offers (the ability to take hits without getting stunned) is quite useful. The defense isn't that important albeit it does help when you're new and probably taking a lot of hits. However, rolling quickly is the most important thing.
#5Muffin2kPosted 4/28/2013 2:26:42 AM
i'm i the exact same position as you. if i wear the elite knight armor i have to unequip the bow :/
---
We have enough humans. What we need is a fountain of smart.
#6The moonlight knightPosted 4/28/2013 3:24:48 AM
Extra defense is always nice, but ideally, you should strive to have as much defense as you can have while remaining under 25% equip load. But under 50% is...manageable. It's just, fast movement/roll is very valuable. Though I suppose it depends on how much you roll.

I'd say in terms of importance, a good shield and being able to roll fast are both very important, tied in general though personal preference can make one more valuable, and below them, poise and defense are tied for second place importance, again personal preference able to sway that tie.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#7IminyourclosetPosted 4/28/2013 3:53:35 AM
It's much more useful than it was in Demon's Souls
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#8DevioyzPosted 4/28/2013 4:22:39 AM
I wear havels in ng+5 against the egg bearers otherwise they oneshot me if i want to get egghead. So amor works i would say.
#9Chao_YunPosted 4/28/2013 6:00:57 AM
BeardedXBatman posted...
Lutecat posted...

Ahhh, ok thanks. I made two characters, one PvE and one PvP and the one I'm talking about is the PvE.

Against PvE, I would recommend a strong shield. My favorite is the Iron Round Shield. Against PvP, I have little to offer, sorry.
---
Forest trees are greener.
#10IminyourclosetPosted 4/28/2013 6:04:20 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]