I cannot f***ing beat manus

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. I cannot f***ing beat manus
3 years ago#11
get strong enough shield and learn first to block all his moves so that your endurance doesn't run out. You might have to do a roll with his uber combo if you're not backpedalling away fast enough. Only counter-attack when you're sure he's not gonna be punishing you afterwards. Have patience really.

repel his dark magic with silver pendant. Some of it might be a little difficult to time correctly, but use estus if necessary.

it's a tricky fight for sure, but this is the strategy i came up with after dozens of defeats. Once you learn the right pattern, it's gonna be just a matter of slight luck. Sometimes it's really hard yo avoid his dark magic and you might get killed every now and then, but such is life ..and dark souls.
Devil May Cry: The Order --Devil May Cry reboot prequel choose your own adventure with RPG elements. Or something-- Join the resistance on a DmC-board near you!
3 years ago#12
I recommend watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfA-aMquCXY to anyone who struggles with Manus. It's a SL1 NG+7 melee only, no pendant Manus fight. The person doing this is very skilled and explains/shows a few things. I watched the whole series before I began my own SL1 run. Very informative and entertaining. There is no obnoxious voice, but a lot of annotations.
3 years ago#13
He beat Manus.
(message deleted)
3 years ago#15
I know, he posted that hours ago, but other people might come in here for help, too. Before they just make a new topic they might see this one and take a look inside.
3 years ago#16
Lodiss posted...
If you're not right in his face trying to circle behind him like he's a titanite demon, you're f***ed.

Psycho Confirmed.
I feel a whole lot more like I do now then I did a while ago.
3 years ago#17
Dagnoth posted...
Lodiss posted...
If you're not right in his face trying to circle behind him like he's a titanite demon, you're f***ed.

Psycho Confirmed.

lol

I never even bothered to fight Manus alone. I always do him coop.
"We offer full health, dental and you get to kill things" - Chairman
3 years ago#18
Dagnoth posted...
Lodiss posted...

Psycho Confirmed.

He might be a psycho, but I joined that club too. I used the same tactics and wrecked him.

That said, Artorius showed me 'the art of ruin' many many times. I got torn many a new ******* by that guy. Beat Manus first go though.
Peasant: What line of business might you be in?
Hopkins: God's Business: witch-finding!-Do you confess?
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. I cannot f***ing beat manus

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived