I cannot f***ing beat manus

#11Orange00Posted 4/29/2013 1:57:51 AM
get strong enough shield and learn first to block all his moves so that your endurance doesn't run out. You might have to do a roll with his uber combo if you're not backpedalling away fast enough. Only counter-attack when you're sure he's not gonna be punishing you afterwards. Have patience really.

repel his dark magic with silver pendant. Some of it might be a little difficult to time correctly, but use estus if necessary.

it's a tricky fight for sure, but this is the strategy i came up with after dozens of defeats. Once you learn the right pattern, it's gonna be just a matter of slight luck. Sometimes it's really hard yo avoid his dark magic and you might get killed every now and then, but such is life ..and dark souls.
---
Devil May Cry: The Order --Devil May Cry reboot prequel choose your own adventure with RPG elements. Or something-- Join the resistance on a DmC-board near you!
#12RelentlessStormPosted 4/29/2013 2:07:35 AM
I recommend watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfA-aMquCXY to anyone who struggles with Manus. It's a SL1 NG+7 melee only, no pendant Manus fight. The person doing this is very skilled and explains/shows a few things. I watched the whole series before I began my own SL1 run. Very informative and entertaining. There is no obnoxious voice, but a lot of annotations.
#13SolidKnightPosted 4/29/2013 2:12:59 AM
He beat Manus.
#14RelentlessStormPosted 4/29/2013 2:28:40 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#15RelentlessStormPosted 4/29/2013 2:29:08 AM
I know, he posted that hours ago, but other people might come in here for help, too. Before they just make a new topic they might see this one and take a look inside.
#16DagnothPosted 4/29/2013 5:53:04 AM
Lodiss posted...
If you're not right in his face trying to circle behind him like he's a titanite demon, you're f***ed.

Psycho Confirmed.
---
I feel a whole lot more like I do now then I did a while ago.
#17babysbadnewsPosted 4/29/2013 6:06:14 AM
Dagnoth posted...
Lodiss posted...
If you're not right in his face trying to circle behind him like he's a titanite demon, you're f***ed.

Psycho Confirmed.

lol

I never even bothered to fight Manus alone. I always do him coop.
---
"We offer full health, dental and you get to kill things" - Chairman
#18no2morroPosted 4/29/2013 6:10:46 AM
Dagnoth posted...
Lodiss posted...

Psycho Confirmed.

He might be a psycho, but I joined that club too. I used the same tactics and wrecked him.

That said, Artorius showed me 'the art of ruin' many many times. I got torn many a new ******* by that guy. Beat Manus first go though.
---
Peasant: What line of business might you be in?
Hopkins: God's Business: witch-finding!-Do you confess?