Any interest in Demon's Souls until Dark Souls get's patched?

#11Silver_OgrePosted 4/30/2013 2:16:21 AM
I just started a SL1 run offline.
---
"Every inscription, every utterance, every gesture seeks to dominate the plain of meaning."
Chad Dumier, Deus Ex
#12TearflyPosted 4/30/2013 2:26:36 AM
I just bought Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, so if DkS hasn't been patched by the time I've finished that I'll just play something else.
#13Kiyosuki_Mk2Posted 4/30/2013 3:15:58 AM(edited)
I didn't have much experience with Demon's Souls before other than some passing play of someone else' copy, Dark Souls was kind of my big introduction to the series but I got DeS recently and I've been really enjoying it.

Although it was really easy to get into thanks to my DkS experience, it's definitely much harder than anything Dark Souls threw my way so far even the first time around, and to be honest I love the way the weapons are...as in their movesets and mechanics etc, in Demon Souls a bit better than in Dark Souls even though I do miss things like plunging attacks and just jumping in general. Although I've heard of many of the quirks like the wonky lagstabs and everyone being able to use grass and spice as much as they want, I do kind of wish I had played it when its PvP was at its most active.

Can't say that taking away World Tendency wasn't a bad idea though, although the idea of whole areas being greatly affected by some sort of mechanic is on paper pretty neat. I hope Dark Souls 2 maybe takes a cue from that, but maybe without quite as much of the temperamental tedium.

I feel like freaking Sonic the Hedgehog in this game even with heavy armor when running compared to even light armor Dark Souls.
#14Patriarch105(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 6:35:27 AM
Ya getting rid of world tendency was definitely a good idea. Though now I wonder if Human-Hollow form isn't just an outdated idea.

Originally it was Body-Soul form and you'd get half health for being in soul form. This creates a PvP disadvantage for Black Phantoms which is kind of annoying.

But now that the half health thing is gone in this game whats the point? people who aren't good enough can't get help? It just seems like an outdated concept now.
---
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105