How often are bonfires close to boss fights?

#1Cheeze ItsPosted 4/29/2013 1:18:28 PM
One of the things I had trouble with was beating bosses in Demon's Souls because just getting to them was hard enough. So I'd often resort to cheap arrow tactics to kill them because I didn't want to risk having to fight my way to them over and over again in difficult areas.

Are bonfires close to bosses in this game (especially the harder bosses/areas)?

Also, are boss fights all behind fog gates so you have an idea when one is coming?
#2aneed4peedPosted 4/29/2013 1:19:19 PM
No. I can only recall one bonfire being right next to the boss, and that boss is a secret one!

So bleh!
---
a knock, a thud, a tiny...zwoosh, where?
Please, call me Aneed [http://i.imgur.com/DDzaw.jpg]
#3GanjuhPosted 4/29/2013 1:26:32 PM
Cheeze Its posted...
One of the things I had trouble with was beating bosses in Demon's Souls because just getting to them was hard enough. So I'd often resort to cheap arrow tactics to kill them because I didn't want to risk having to fight my way to them over and over again in difficult areas.

If bonfires were everywhere the game wouldn't be as punishing, thus less rewarding.
#4BadrangTyrantPosted 4/29/2013 1:27:03 PM
They are usually quite close however many are hidden so you'll have to find them yourself or risk a longer trek if you die.
---
PSN - Alexdesniper/BadrangTryrant
#5Number4RocketPosted 4/29/2013 4:00:37 PM
You can run to every boss and avoid every enemy while doing it under 2 minutes easily.
#6SoaringDivePosted 4/29/2013 4:23:03 PM
Cheeze Its posted...
[...] risk having to fight my way to them over and over again in difficult areas.

That's the point. The entire level is one large challenge, not just individual fights like a modern FPS game.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#7CoontemptusPosted 4/29/2013 7:36:52 PM
Ganjuh posted...
Cheeze Its posted...

If bonfires were everywhere the game wouldn't be as punishing, thus less rewarding.

LOL what?

A bonfire next to every boss would have very little effect on the difficulty, if ANY.

You can run to almost every boss without fighting anything, and you can certainly run to every difficulty boss without swinging your weapon.

Checkpoint starvation is fake difficulty, and is just a time waster.

I'd like to see a "torch" at each boss door, which would be similar to a bonfire. You light the torch when you go in, and if you die to the boss, you can either respawn there or at the bonfire. The torch would revive you, but not give you any additional Estus. A system like this would actually make kindling useful, since its almost absolutely useless to kindle anything past +10. You would kindle up the closest bonfire to +20, and that would give you enough estus to try the boss multiple times.

Just say no to fake difficulty, and give us increases to the real difficulty.
---
Sic semper tyrannis