The tale of Dom, The Mad Scientist, and his brainless supporters.

#1geovanicaonPosted 4/30/2013 5:06:28 AM
It was a cold sunday morning, the mountain dew pouring down the tree leaves, eveything was perfect for another good jolly co-op on his beloved Dark Souls, or maybe, just maybe, a good old pvp fight with some skilled dude from somewhere around the globe.

But no, filled with self pride and inflated ego, Dom decides, ~in the best of intentions~, to create an edited (hacked!) save file for his best game in order to ~help~ people (lazy people) to improve their pvp experiencie.

From that day on, Dark Souls players from all over the world have been struggling to find a legit character in game to have a fully legit and good experiencie in the game one spent money with.

These are dark times. The End.

So, now that the megamule creator gained a story, lot of reputation and minions of brainless lazy people, it would be great if he could delete all the c&#p he made.

SERIOUSLY, I mean come on, did he really think that people would use that "edited" file for the good? Either this Dom guy is VERY VERY naive or just REALLY dumb. I mean it.

Not to mention a countless minion of followers that claim that the file is supposed to improve PVP.

Ok, so with the file a lot more people are joining PVP right? NO.

A lot of people are SELLING the game or TRADING it for something else.

Hacking is hacking. Get over it. You ruined a lot of people's gaming experience. I won't die because of it, other games will come, but I really love Dark Souls, really do, and I find myself dismotivated to play it again. You guys want argument? Just get online and look how many children are playing with CHEATED characters that completely takes out the purpose of fun of Dark Souls.

The game was meant to be hard and thrilling, not cheated and lame.

You guys responsible for all this love Dark Souls? Congratulations for the achievment. You managed to ruin an awesome game in your desire of fame among people who doesnt give a rats a%% about you.

Have a good day.
---
Ad Rosae Per Crucem! Long Live DeMolay!
PSN ID: DeMolay145
#2CoontemptusPosted 4/30/2013 5:10:31 AM
Are we pretending that Dom created edited save files, and this wasn't available before?

The reason Dom's is so popular is because it is NOT hacked, it doesn't give you any advantage in pvp, and doesn't give you anything you can't get legitimately.

Anyone with google could always download a save or hex edit a save.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#3geovanicaon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 5:15:08 AM
Coontemptus posted...
Are we pretending that Dom created edited save files, and this wasn't available before?

The reason Dom's is so popular is because it is NOT hacked, it doesn't give you any advantage in pvp, and doesn't give you anything you can't get legitimately.

Anyone with google could always download a save or hex edit a save.

Did you see anyone trying that before? Because I havent.

Glitching is glitching. Hacking is Hacking.

You are argumenting that anyone could do it. So what? Nobody did it. He did. If you really like Dark Souls you should be against hacking it. We all spent money on it. Hard earned money.

He simply opened the gates of purgatory and all lost souls follow through, including you from what I can see.

Stop pretending it didnt ruin the game. Seriously, it's more than obvious so far considering the amount of rage posts of several forums, gamefaqs included.

I MAY believe this file was created for the good, but come on, what a dumb idea.

It's like pressing a Nuke button and expect only the evil to die.
---
#4MosgusPosted 4/30/2013 5:20:30 AM
I'll be leaving as soon as I'm done bottling all these extra tears.
#5AnamawcityPosted 4/30/2013 5:31:06 AM
I knew he'd be the most talked about man after the mega mule. I told him he'd be a super star and it seems im right.
---
"Tis a terrible pity. Like a moth flittering towards a flame."
#6CoontemptusPosted 4/30/2013 5:35:04 AM
geovanicaon posted...
Did you see anyone trying that before? Because I havent.

Glitching is glitching. Hacking is Hacking.

Um, yes? People have always save edited, and almost EVERYONE used the BB glitch. Why wouldn't you?

You are argumenting that anyone could do it. So what? Nobody did it. He did. If you really like Dark Souls you should be against hacking it. We all spent money on it. Hard earned money.

The mega mule doesn't diminish my experience in the least, and it makes it better by keeping a lot of long time players in the game.

Stop pretending you speak for everyone.

The whole reason its so popular is because it gives you a legitimate character to play with. No advantage in PvP, just a much quicker build.

He simply opened the gates of purgatory and all lost souls follow through, including you from what I can see.

Opened the gates of purgatory for people who previously couldn't google? Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? People in the real world know that hacked saves have always been available, and Dom's mule doesn't allow you to cheat in PvP. Its a good thing.

Stop pretending it didnt ruin the game. Seriously, it's more than obvious so far considering the amount of rage posts of several forums, gamefaqs included.

I MAY believe this file was created for the good, but come on, what a dumb idea.

It's like pressing a Nuke button and expect only the evil to die.

Oh, some people got mad, that makes it bad? Please. Some people would cry if you cured AIDS because you didn't spend enough time curing cancer. Internet trolls don't determine the value of anything.

Dom's save made the gameplay experience of long time Dark Souls players better, and the community is better for it. It doesn't give you any advantage over anyone else, it just saves you a little time. The people who are too bad at the game to earn all that themselves are so bad at PvE and PvP the effect on everyone else is inconsequential.

Your analogy is really really inappropriate.

Dom's save is more like selling kitchen knives at the gun store for the same price as a gun. Sure, someone might go to all the trouble to buy one and stab another person with the kitchen knife, but anyone who really wants a weapon is just going to buy a real gun and make it easier on themselves.

Mosgus posted...
I'll be leaving as soon as I'm done bottling all these extra tears.

Pretty much this.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#7immortaltech6Posted 4/30/2013 5:36:01 AM
Anamawcity posted...
I knew he'd be the most talked about man after the mega mule. I told him he'd be a super star and it seems im right.

No wonder you jumped on me in the other thread for speaking the truth.
#8tigerheadPosted 4/30/2013 5:42:45 AM
I don't have a dog in this fight (I don't play online), but I don't understand the support to any kind of tampering in an online environment. Plus, doesn't it depreciate the "economy" of the game? I mean we hear of giftwraiths, and we used to be appreciative of them at one point. But now, I would imagine, if you receive a bunch of slabs (or whatever rare items) from a random invader it wouldn't mean anything. Wouldn't it also devalue your own PvP experience? You'd be wondering if the guy that defeated you was just a hacker. And if you were the one who won, the other guy would be thinking you're a hacker instead. Wouldn't that kill the joy of PvP?
---
If you think you're right, you're wrong.
#9geovanicaon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 5:49:07 AM
The mega mule doesn't diminish my experience in the least, and it makes it better by keeping a lot of long time players in the game.

Stop pretending you speak for everyone.

The whole reason its so popular is because it gives you a legitimate character to play with. No advantage in PvP, just a much quicker build.

You can write all day long and I can read is: "I'm really lazy to play the game honestly so I'll just cheat my way to the top and say to everyone that is a good thing and that it helps to improve the experience."

And sorry if I'm a big fan of honesty. From where I came from, everyone says its a good thing.
---
#10BoukePosted 4/30/2013 6:01:26 AM(edited)
You can write all day long and I can read is: "I'm really lazy to play the game honestly so I'll just cheat my way to the top and say to everyone that is a good thing and that it helps to improve the experience."

And sorry if I'm a big fan of honesty. From where I came from, everyone says its a good thing.

This.
If you're so determined to have 30 Wogs/ Dark Beads on your build, at least have the decency to go through ng+10 or whatever.

One of the main points was to finally try out some niche builds, but after you've had your 30 minutes of fun with it, everyone decent goes back to their dex/ quality pyro build anyway.
No harm done right? All is fine, except that "pvp vets" are forgetting just how scummy a large part of the community is, and now those folks are given free reign to ruin everyone else's experience without any effort whatsoever.
---
For not thy fault, but secret powre unseene,
That speare enchaunted was, which layd thee on the greene