Question about hackers

#1PressStartPlzPosted 4/30/2013 6:12:48 PM
I'm part of the minority that still hasn't played Dark Souls yet. I loved Demon's Souls, and I've heard that Dark Souls is better. However, with all the hacking stuff that's been going on, I'm a little reluctant to buy it. What's going on, exactly? Should I hold off buying DS for a while?
---
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
-Mark Twain
#2iGBxPosted 4/30/2013 6:15:59 PM
I've met 1 hacker out of 1000's of player's, don't worry and go get the game already!
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/iGBxRated
My Awesome YouTube Channel
#3PressStartPlz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 6:17:42 PM
iGBx posted...
I've met 1 hacker out of 1000's of player's, don't worry and go get the game already!

I see. I just know I've heard stuff about hackers lately and I wasn't sure.
---
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
-Mark Twain
#4brandonfordPosted 4/30/2013 6:33:05 PM
You might be talking about mega mules, don't worry about them, griefers have been in the early parts of Dark Souls long before them.

Go get the game and have fun!
---
PSN: Odinson31
#5GixenPosted 4/30/2013 6:33:11 PM
They are very rare. YouŽll probably never encounter one....

If you get invaded, run to the nearest bonfire and wait there to die. Easier to recollect your souls....
---
PSN: Gixen99
#6AIreadylnUsePosted 4/30/2013 7:10:31 PM
Have people seriously not been encountering hackers regularly for the last couple weeks?
What am I doing wrong?
#7ZeroX91Posted 4/30/2013 7:15:10 PM
Have people seriously not been encountering hackers regularly for the last couple weeks?
What am I doing wrong?

I keep runnin' in to people with skin or hair color that don't exist in the game, haven't run into anyone with infinite health or anything.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=429N9zGDugc
#8szathmabPosted 4/30/2013 7:18:36 PM
AIreadylnUse posted...
What am I doing wrong?

I still have not seen one. But I don't go to the forest. That's where most people are finding them. If I did I would for sure showcase them in a video.
---
HK on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/ALLHAILHK1
A little effort here and there will serve you well, princess.
#9szathmabPosted 4/30/2013 7:19:45 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
What am I doing wrong?

I keep runnin' in to people with skin or hair color that don't exist in the game, haven't run into anyone with infinite health or anything.

What color? Because you can pretty much get any color besides pure black.
---
HK on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/ALLHAILHK1
A little effort here and there will serve you well, princess.
#10AIreadylnUsePosted 4/30/2013 7:22:05 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
What am I doing wrong?

You can make skin color almost anything by 'breaking' the color sliders (just keep pushing them to the limits and they eventually give a little)... haven't tried anything too strange with hair color though.

As for mulers, yeah probably half the people I play against are mulers. In the few instances I've spammed "Gywn's soul" they have too. No problem with that, but after thousands of fights I've only just recently (last two weeks) been encountering hackers. Usually infinite health, but often infinite endurance too. Hell you can't even backstab and flee to boss room if they have ninja flip and infinite endurance... which is all that's really bugged me about fighting some of them so far. The only other variants I've seen are flipping heavy armor, armor with dragon body, and 1hko weapons.