Question about hackers

#21SolidKnightPosted 4/30/2013 11:58:15 PM(edited)
AIreadylnUse posted...
Have people seriously not been encountering hackers regularly for the last couple weeks?
What am I doing wrong?

I've run into nine last week. All spamming that hacked miracle.
#22TheLucidPosted 4/30/2013 11:58:20 PM
I've come from ps3 and the only change I noticed was less frequent hardcore pvp players. Have never seen a hacker yet after several characters, waiting for invasions in kiln, forest, butterfly, Burg, painted world, or my many invasions all those places and the dlc.

You should be safe.
#23The moonlight knightPosted 5/1/2013 12:11:16 AM
Just as a word of warning, the people saying "I've barely encountered any hackers" are just like the people on forums for a Bethesda game who say "I barely encountered any glitches so I don't think Skyrim/Oblivion/Fallout 3 is glitchy"

<_<
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#24TheLucidPosted 5/1/2013 12:23:01 AM
I've lurked a lot over the years so I know moonlight means well, but he doesn't play online himself.
Don't get me wrong there are apparently hackers, I have seen video proof so I'm not disputing that, but the percentage of people playing who hack is incredibly low.

I'm of course only considering people with infinite stamina/castings/health hackers
#25The moonlight knightPosted 5/1/2013 12:25:59 AM
Yeah, sure, well... As someone who has basically eventually had their experiences in Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout 3 ruined by glitches, and on each board I see people going "the game's fine I didn't experience any bad glitches" I'm just...wary of this scene.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#26TheLucidPosted 5/1/2013 12:32:37 AM
I can't blame you there, that's always balls. :(
#27GixenPosted 5/1/2013 2:07:40 AM
sticky_white100 posted...
I just kill myself when I meet hackers and block their psn so I don't meet them again.

Would have been great if it worked that way......unfortunately you only block messages from the psn.

AIreadylnUse posted...
Have people seriously not been encountering hackers regularly for the last couple weeks?
What am I doing wrong?

Ive encountered 2 (last 3 weeks).
Summoned one in the Parish with a Gold Tracer dealing 40 dex damage.
A invader ninja flipping with full havels, shield, and Dragon Tooth.

Both of them with my SL1.

Got a msg from a psn-friend yesterday just meeting his first ps3 hackers. 2 guys with infinite hp.
---
PSN: Gixen99
#28BoukePosted 5/1/2013 3:34:34 AM
Wyrmcraft posted...
You can bleed most of the actual hackers to death actually ^_^

Honestly, you probably heard about the Megamule which is basically just a save file with everything on it for quickly making a PVP build. It's not actually hacking just kind of accelerating game play. Namely for old hats who can't be bothered to dump another 40 hours to play the character they want.

But it IS hacking. And if you need 40 hours to make a character then you need to "git gud".
---
For not thy fault, but secret powre unseene,
That speare enchaunted was, which layd thee on the greene
#29tricky_onePosted 5/2/2013 10:41:43 PM
I actually may have fought one yesterday. I'm not sure if it was because of the flicking glitch or what but someone threw a fireball at me with no throwing animation, kind of looked like they raised their hand and triggered the "out of faith casting". Next thing I knew I was in a puddle of lava.
---
PSN torlon
#30CoontemptusPosted 5/2/2013 10:51:40 PM
The moonlight knight posted...
Just as a word of warning, the people saying "I've barely encountered any hackers" are just like the people on forums for a Bethesda game who say "I barely encountered any glitches so I don't think Skyrim/Oblivion/Fallout 3 is glitchy"

<_<

Hackers are pretty rare, honestly. I'll darkwraith 50+ people and encounter 1 guy with 65k hp.
---
Sic semper tyrannis