Demon souls pvp bank

#1TheLucidPosted 4/30/2013 11:06:29 PM
I know the recent mm issue is getting old already and it's really confusing me.
Did we not have a bank of gear for new pvpers in demon souls? I know I was given a full set of gear when I got a new profile.
Are most people upset that it's cheating in a black and white sense or do they really think saving people time can ruin the game?
#2SolidKnightPosted 4/30/2013 11:12:38 PM(edited)
TheLucid posted...
I know the recent mm issue is getting old already and it's really confusing me.
Did we not have a bank of gear for new pvpers in demon souls? I know I was given a full set of gear when I got a new profile.
Are most people upset that it's cheating in a black and white sense or do they really think saving people time can ruin the game?

Short version:
1. Hacked widely distributed, easily accessible file is ripe for additional hacking. Thanks for doing the heavy lifting.
2. Dried up lower level co-op.
3. Dried up regular invasions in non-essential areas.
#3TheLucid(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 11:15:49 PM
I think I see why the argument is so vicious then, that ruins parts of the game for new players, and has no affect whatsoever on vets.
Huh, makes more sense now.
Well people taking the hacking further sucks, but my opinion isn't going to make them stop.
#4ChosenUndeadPosted 4/30/2013 11:22:14 PM
Dark Souls is an RPG first then a multiplayer game. You can just start the game, pick a character and start fighting right away, this isn't a fighting game.

Scarcity is an important aspect in any rpg and the mule completely removes that. Sure you'd say that you're not an autist who likes to spend time farming for materials in a video game but this is the point. By not spending time to farm, you'll only have access to a limited set to items in the game. For example, you have to choose whether to level up OR buy twinkling titanite to upgrade your armor and level up some other time.

The mule isn't doing anything good, people are just using it to make low sl grief builds, max sl campers in burg and gank builds in forest. I don't think many experienced players use the mule because they have played through the game numerous times and already have perfectly optimized builds they use everyday.

You need experience in Dark Souls, the more you play, the better you get. The mule removes that by making you not play the actual game at all.

Mule users don't have to go NG+ because they already have everything they could ever want, this means less fun for Gravelords.

Cheating is cheating and you'll never be able to justify it. If the guy who made the mule had any respect for the Dark Souls community, he would never have released such a thing.
#5TheLucid(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 11:28:47 PM
ChosenUndead posted...
Dark Souls is an RPG first then a multiplayer game. You can just start the game, pick a character and start fighting right away, this isn't a fighting game.

Scarcity is an important aspect in any rpg and the mule completely removes that. Sure you'd say that you're not an autist who likes to spend time farming for materials in a video game but this is the point. By not spending time to farm, you'll only have access to a limited set to items in the game. For example, you have to choose whether to level up OR buy twinkling titanite to upgrade your armor and level up some other time.

The mule isn't doing anything good, people are just using it to make low sl grief builds, max sl campers in burg and gank builds in forest. I don't think many experienced players use the mule because they have played through the game numerous times and already have perfectly optimized builds they use everyday.

You need experience in Dark Souls, the more you play, the better you get. The mule removes that by making you not play the actual game at all.

Mule users don't have to go NG+ because they already have everything they could ever want, this means less fun for Gravelords.

Cheating is cheating and you'll never be able to justify it. If the guy who made the mule had any respect for the Dark Souls community, he would never have released such a thing.

Why do people ever care about how others play the single player aspect?
I have done everything you said through multiple characters,
I've never even used the mm I'm just defending it on simple principle
I know it's supposed to be hard, but I'm not so elitist to say other people have to play how I did.
#6ChosenUndeadPosted 4/30/2013 11:41:22 PM
Single player aspect means playing offline. If someone wants to use the mule offline that's fine by me. But when someone uses the mule online even if he's mainly focused in PvE, it's not fine because they have access to too many things. Things they wouldn't have access to if they had to get them legitimately. Then playing online means you'll get into PvP anyway because you'll be human often times and get invaded.

For example, a friend of mine tried the mule and made 10 Crystal Demon's Greataxes and proceeded to 1 shot people with hornet backstabs. He would never have had access to such power if he played the game like it's meant to be played.
#7TheLucid(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 11:45:00 PM
Those people get bored and move on though, if not he has serious problems.
Either way that's a small portion of players, and like I said when I fight someone who has a crystal great axe I don't and you shouldn't care where it came from, just kill the person holding it.
I could go the lrn2 dodge scrub approach but it doesn't accomplish much.
#8R1masherPosted 4/30/2013 11:45:53 PM
Yes he could
---
R1R1R1R1R1R1
#9ChosenUndeadPosted 4/30/2013 11:49:02 PM
The world doesn't revolve around you, there's more people playing Dark Souls right now than you can ever imagine. And no people don't get bored with such things. It's similar to ganking because ganking means easy mode too. And people don't get bored ganking, it's all about winning.

Plus, you're being dumb here. It's not about the Crystal Demon's Greataxe, it's about the amount of those he can make. Do you even know how hard it is to make a lot of crystal weapons!?