I want to finally beat this game

#11BoukePosted 5/1/2013 6:16:43 AM
Apart from patching MM, From has to put more effort into save file protection in the future.
---
For not thy fault, but secret powre unseene,
That speare enchaunted was, which layd thee on the greene
#12screwmtv(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 6:17:16 AM
I'm mostly interested in PVE to complete the main quest.

When I played the game right around the time it launched, it was pretty rare to ever find summons or get summoned. Is this still the case with the PS3 version?

The PC version was a nonstarter for me in this respect.
---
Nothing ever burns down by itself. Every fire needs a little bit of help.
#13GaisaphPosted 5/1/2013 6:17:54 AM
9000dirtyfarts posted...
Mega Mule is a save file, saves to my knowledge can't be patched.

So PS3s and PCs are screwed then? Wow.
#14BoukePosted 5/1/2013 6:19:42 AM
No, ps3 has simply caught up with 360/ pc now.
The other two were "screwed" right from the start.
---
For not thy fault, but secret powre unseene,
That speare enchaunted was, which layd thee on the greene
#15final_chancePosted 5/1/2013 6:23:31 AM
screwmtv posted...
I'm mostly interested in PVE to complete the main quest.

When I played the game right around the time it launched, it was pretty rare to ever find summons or get summoned. Is this still the case with the PS3 version?

The PC version was a nonstarter for me in this respect.

There is no shortage of people to summon. However, in the early areas at least, most of the people you summon will be grossly overpowered with gear they shouldn't have yet.

Also, the flickering glitch. It does more than obscure spells. Messages, summon signs, enemy drops, corpse items, bloodstains....you can't see any of that. If it isn't a texture, you can't see it most of the time. You can interact with it if you know it is there, but you can't see it.

So...this is a bad time to get back into the game really. Unless you play offline to get around the flickering bug.
---
~El Psy Congroo~
PSN ID: FatBeezzee
#16GaisaphPosted 5/1/2013 6:27:22 AM
Let's imagine if they're going to add mods to banned people who use Megamule. Will it be effective?
#17Yoshi6852Posted 5/1/2013 6:37:40 AM
Bouke posted...
Apart from patching MM, From has to put more effort into save file protection in the future.

They actually did on PS3 that's why hacking was so hard, part of it anyways. Xbox was the one which had no purtection. Dom had to break through the save protection to make this file.
---
"Knowledge is power; power is pain, if you dont understand I wont bother to explain." Barney the Encyclocentopedia
#18screwmtv(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 7:44:44 AM
Well, I went ahead and bought it again.

I'm gonna give it another shot.

Worst case, I guess I can stick to offline.
---
Nothing ever burns down by itself. Every fire needs a little bit of help.