Anyone else find parrying really wonky?

#21The moonlight knightPosted 5/6/2013 3:34:29 PM
Well, I mean, it's just...I've already fought them a bunch. In all my playthroughs on my main I never skipped anything, and on some of my new characters I actually farmed some for a shield for awhile. Lotta...fighting. @_@
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#22lucky_sharm19Posted 5/6/2013 5:17:52 PM
Alltra posted...
Yes. It's almost impossible to actually parry in PvP without getting torn to shreds or stun locked by somebody. The lag is too much, and you can't anticipate attacks like in PvE. The only times I've ever been able to do it were pure luck, or against a weakling foe that was spamming swings, and I was only able to do it by spamming parry myself.

The window for parrying is too small, it needs to be extended by at least another second.

Not really. You can consistently parry weapons like Greataxes, Ultra Greatswords, and Greatswords once you get the pattern down.

Faster weapons like spears and curved swords aren't too difficult either once you get used to the timing. What you have to do is get hit by the first swing and parry immediately after.
---
PSN: GSPhantom
But really, it's a battlefield! How do you compassionately stab someone?
#23ratt80Posted 5/6/2013 6:30:56 PM
I do but i suck.
#24AlltraPosted 5/6/2013 6:38:58 PM(edited)
"What you have to do is get hit by the first swing and parry immediately after."

Except that doesn't work, because most of the time if you get hit once they stunlock you and you can't do anything. Or, they'll only swing once, and your parry attempt will whiff and they'll smack you again.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#25WATAUGACJPosted 5/6/2013 6:48:12 PM
Alltra posted...
Yes. It's almost impossible to actually parry in PvP without getting torn to shreds or stun locked by somebody. The lag is too much, and you can't anticipate attacks like in PvE. The only times I've ever been able to do it were pure luck, or against a weakling foe that was spamming swings, and I was only able to do it by spamming parry myself.

The window for parrying is too small, it needs to be extended by at least another second.

It is far from impossible to parry with some consistency in pvp.
---
PSN: WATAUGACJ, DomhnallOfZena, IndianLoveCat
Upgrade your gray matter, cause one day it may matter.
#26lucky_sharm19Posted 5/6/2013 7:32:48 PM
Alltra posted...
"What you have to do is get hit by the first swing and parry immediately after."

Except that doesn't work, because most of the time if you get hit once they stunlock you and you can't do anything. Or, they'll only swing once, and your parry attempt will whiff and they'll smack you again.

Hmm? You won't get stunlocked if you have at least 21-31 Poise. That way you'll tank the first hit and always be ready for the second.
---
PSN: GSPhantom
But really, it's a battlefield! How do you compassionately stab someone?
#27Proudleaf24Posted 5/6/2013 8:03:14 PM
Alltra posted...

Adjust your timing. It's pretty consistent to do once you get the hang of it, except for rare instances of bad, bad lag.
---
You're gonna love my nuts