Is Solaire much of a help for the final boss?

#1Cheeze ItsPosted 5/6/2013 2:06:52 PM
From what I've read, it's a fairly involved process to keep him around until then, with the only benefit being help for the final boss. This is my first playthrough. Is it worth the effort? Does his summon make the final boss easier?
#2Lieutenant_FuzzPosted 5/6/2013 2:09:14 PM
yup. takes the attention off of you, and makes it even less difficult. being able to parry gwyn already makes him the easiest boss in the game.
---
PSN: ShankerOfFaces
What are you, casul?
#3HajimeNoIppoPosted 5/6/2013 2:10:09 PM
Lieutenant_Fuzz posted...
yup. takes the attention off of you, and makes it even less difficult. being able to parry gwyn already makes him the easiest boss in the game.

This, No need of help, just parry him.
#4Cheeze Its(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 2:12:55 PM
I've practiced parrying the black knights in the Undead Asylum, so I think I should be able to learn to parry him easily enough when the times comes. Sorry in advance, Solaire.
#5tacomangsxPosted 5/6/2013 2:46:36 PM
I solo'd him on my first play through. Thought he was going to be ridiculously tough, but I demolished him with the Great Scythe and Havels armor.
---
PSN: Lnterwebs
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Dragons Dogma, Metal Gear Rising.
#6DevioyzPosted 5/6/2013 3:05:48 PM
Just kill solair for his armor
#7xCloudyxPosted 5/6/2013 3:18:25 PM(edited)
Kill the sunlight maggot before killing centipede demon and you've got Solaire for the last boss. Literally that simple.

He is not worth it in my opinion. Gwyn's attacks have a wide arc so having Solaire take the aggro doesn't help much because Gwyn's attacks hit you when you are behind him and also Solaire has a very small amount of health which depletes very fast.
Solaire deals lightning damage which Gwyn happens to be resistant to.
Keep in mind that Gwyn will probably gain health if you summon Solaire.
Parrying is way harder with Solaire when Gwyn is swapping target and his sword will hit you even if you're behind him. You can't parry an attack from behind someone.
---
(\ (O_O) /) Praise the sun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0O1sH1N6n4
#8HunterSCPosted 5/6/2013 3:18:02 PM
I couldn't tell you, I am scared of Gwyn.
---
HunterSC.tv - endless Souls coverage
#9beggargirlPosted 5/6/2013 3:40:54 PM
Solaire can kill Gwyn all by himself if you distract Gwyn with projectiles from a distance.

This is probably my favorite way to kill Gwyn.
#10NukethewhalesMOPosted 5/6/2013 4:19:44 PM
Having Solaire around was really helpful for the fact that he just kept the heat off of me when I needed to heal or what have you.

Otherwise, if that's not a problem for you, you can just skip over having him around.
---
i liek twurtlez.