Is Solaire much of a help for the final boss?

#11RunothPosted 5/6/2013 3:32:20 PM
xCloudyx posted...
Kill the sunlight maggot before killing centipede demon and you've got Solaire for the last boss. Literally that simple.

The Centipede Demon? I thought you had to kill the maggots then kill Bed of Chaos to save him.
#12OusellePosted 5/6/2013 3:47:13 PM
Lieutenant_Fuzz posted...
yup. takes the attention off of you, and makes it even less difficult. being able to parry gwyn already makes him the easiest boss in the game.

Lol look out we got a bad-ass over here.
#13final_chancePosted 5/6/2013 4:27:07 PM
Easiest boss in the game may be a bit of an exaggeration, but he's pretty much right. Parrying Gwyn makes him ridiculously easy. If you have trouble with consistent timing, wait for him to do a combo attack. Block the first hit, and then parry the second. The timing will always be exactly the same, and you'll know the second attack is coming. It makes it much easier than trying to react to his first attack properly.
---
~El Psy Congroo~
PSN ID: FatBeezzee
#14Lieutenant_FuzzPosted 5/6/2013 5:22:51 PM
Ouselle posted...
Lieutenant_Fuzz posted...
yup. takes the attention off of you, and makes it even less difficult. being able to parry gwyn already makes him the easiest boss in the game.

Lol look out we got a bad-ass over here.

nope, just an average player that can press L2
---
PSN: ShankerOfFaces
What are you, casul?
#15RunothPosted 5/6/2013 7:00:54 PM
I may have been a bit overleveled at 95, but Gwyn was pretty easy. No Solaire, no parrying. Just good old-fashioned ass-kicking; didn't die once. I had far more trouble with Four Kings.
#16Quints3Posted 5/6/2013 8:23:36 PM
Solaire is to Gwyn as Tarkus is to Iron Golem.
---
The end is now starting, Oh, so please just take your seat, And live your last moments waving goodbye, desperately. PSN: Quints3
Lol alt: Dawk_Sulls
#17Eddo_CPosted 5/7/2013 3:35:22 AM
Gwyn parry is harder than most because you need to be early as he swings it pretty fast, when most of the other enemies tend to have a parry window that is later than you expect.

Though if you are fighting him melee non-parry, he is really hard as he is extremely aggressive. And he don't have much cool down time after his attacks.
---
You're pretty radical, can I fill your valence?
#18NazanirPosted 5/7/2013 8:29:39 AM
Eddo_C posted...
Gwyn parry is harder than most because you need to be early as he swings it pretty fast, when most of the other enemies tend to have a parry window that is later than you expect.

Though if you are fighting him melee non-parry, he is really hard as he is extremely aggressive. And he don't have much cool down time after his attacks.

If you find the first hit somewhat hard to parry, just block the first one and parry the second attack, it has far easier tell to parry, making your life easier.
---
XboX GT - Nazanir