Was the occult damage boost ever figured out?

#1Young_CaesarPosted 5/6/2013 4:52:05 PM
Like what exactly is effected by occult damage? Haven't played this in forever and was just curious.
---
Sirius taught me what true betrayal means.
#2kuterPosted 5/6/2013 4:55:58 PM(edited)
Edit : blahhhh D: wiki

What is Occult and Divine?
Occult and Divine are two different magic augmented weapon upgrades that scales with faith. Their magic properties are just magic damage, and is identical to any other magic augmented weapon. Their damage outputs are also very similar, but each of the upgrade paths have an added bonus against a select few enemies:

Divine weapons have increased damage against Skeletons and Harpies.
Occult weapons have increased damage against Black Knights, Silver Knights, Ornstein, Gwyndolin, and Gwyn.

Divine weapons will also prevent skeletons from re-assembling while their necromancer is still alive.

This is only true for hosts in their own world, meaning that phantoms can't utilize this feature. (confirm?)(True)

The number rating given to Occult and Divine indicates the extra percentage of damage it will deal. For example, a weapon with 110 Divine does +10% damage to enemies that take more damage from Divine weapons.

Divine means holy damage. Divine weapons, thus, are strong against undead creatures. Deals NO extra damage to invaders.
Occult is unholy damage and is strong against Living. For example against silver knights. Deals NO extra damage to hosts.
#3Young_Caesar(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 5:01:24 PM
Occult weapons have increased damage against Black Knights, Silver Knights, Ornstein, Gwyndolin, and Gwyn.

Not sure what all that other stuff in your post was about, but this is what I was looking for. This information wasn't around while I was playing and people were trying to figure out what it meant. Thanks, broseidon.
---
#4quartercirclePosted 5/6/2013 5:14:12 PM
Phantom divine weapons will kill host skeletons. I ran through the cata a few times the other day to test it.
#5The moonlight knightPosted 5/6/2013 5:46:31 PM
I wouldn't trust anything the wiki says about them.

Because wikis have been known to have false things, and I don't think anyone really put the effort in to test.

What I do know is what the game says. So if occult does anything, it should work on Gwyn, Gwyndolin, Silver Knights, Black Knights, Ornstein...maybe all the 4 knights. Maybe sentinels as well. It's hard to say.

I also know that black knight weapons do 20% bonus damage to chaos demons, and I was able to prove some of that. Like against capra demons. Demon Firesage.

True Greatsword of Artorias does 20% extra damage to "dark servants" which I assume at the very least applies to New Londo darkwraiths, possibly 4 Kings.

Someone with the PC version should really take time away from YOLOing and making derpy texture mods and, y'know, do something useful and datamine these obscure details.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#6Young_Caesar(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 7:14:39 PM
Someone with the PC version should really take time away from YOLOing and making derpy texture mods and, y'know, do something useful and datamine these obscure details.

I thought you guys would have been had this **** figured out by now. Didn't know that about BK weapons though. Never really used them outside of the great axe.
---
#7The moonlight knightPosted 5/7/2013 5:44:23 AM
It would be pretty hard to thoroughly test this on the console without hackery to datamine the hidden values and such, like this site did of the 1.04 patch: http://darksouls.lljk.net/

However, this site isn't absolute in the information it provided. Still, it did reveal the stamina damage value for weapons, and also exposed things like this:

http://darksouls.lljk.net/1.04/weapon/black_knight_sword

"20% bonus damage to chaos demons."

And this:

http://darksouls.lljk.net/1.04/weapon/greatsword_of_artorias_1

"40% bonus damage to unholy enemies (ie skeletons).
20% bonus damage to dark servants."

For occult weapons, that site says:

"10% bonus damage to holy enemies (ie silver and black knights)."

Those are just examples, not an exhaustive list of all it affects, unfortunately.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)