Where does From rank in your top 3 favorite developers?

#11RenzokukenexePosted 5/11/2013 5:11:05 AM(edited)
Nick_Chaos007 posted...
1. EA
2. Infinity Ward
3. Treyarch
4. Square Enix

Easily the top 4 right there. Anyone who says otherwise is stupid.

le master ruseman.jpg

There are very few developers around today that don't p*** me off in one way or another.

Top 3:
1: Square Enix (pre FFX-2) / Kojima Productions
2: Bandai Namco
3: Fromsoft

Bottom 3:
1: Capcom
2: EA
3: Activision / Ubisoft
#12CoontemptusPosted 5/11/2013 7:04:12 AM
Honestly, From is pretty awful at developing games.

If Dark Souls wasn't the only game in town (so to speak), it would probably be back of the pack for games of its type.

The complete lack of polish, awful programming, bugs, design flaws, and horrendous balance in both PvE and PvP make it one of the worst games from a technical/development side that I own. The things that Dark Souls does right is innovation. Dark Souls wins because there aren't any games like this out. You can't GET this experience anywhere else, so we tend to overlook the fact that at its core, the game has more wrong with it than right.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#13hemphoarderPosted 5/11/2013 7:09:17 AM
^^^

FROM is one if the best innovators out there presently but far from the best developer over all.

CD Projekt
Naughty Dog
Platinum
---
Gamefaqs Moderators=Security guards who couldn't make it through police academy...
PSN:Sleepyydwarf
#14Dex_PyromaniacPosted 5/11/2013 7:32:11 AM
Capcom
Namco-Bandai
And then from software
---
Video games always break the fourth wall, theyre like 'Snake, push the SELECT button!' and Snakes probably like 'What the f***!?'
-lordofultima
#15replicax77Posted 5/11/2013 8:02:03 AM
I'm more interested in individual titles than developers. I used to make a point of collecting all Square games, once they merged with Enix I was faced with the decision of no longer collecting or attempting to hunt down all of Enix's backlog. Eventually I just decided I don't care that much anymore and I buy whatever games look good and have no brand loyalty any more.
---
Just keep walking preacher man.
#16xCloudyxPosted 5/11/2013 8:07:54 AM
replicax77 posted...
I'm more interested in individual titles than developers. I used to make a point of collecting all Square games, once they merged with Enix I was faced with the decision of no longer collecting or attempting to hunt down all of Enix's backlog. Eventually I just decided I don't care that much anymore and I buy whatever games look good and have no brand loyalty any more.

Well said!
---
(\ (O_O) /) Praise the sun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0O1sH1N6n4
#17R0YB0TPosted 5/11/2013 8:16:03 AM
Dark Souls is the only game I have played by them but it is definitely one of my favorite games.
Treasure
Unknown Worlds Entertainment
Valve
From may make the list after I play DS2
---
Dark souls Co-op GF and me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHwVoT_Brfc
#18Lieutenant_FuzzPosted 5/11/2013 8:17:54 AM
1. Bethesda
2. Bioware
3. Fromsoft
---
PSN: ShankerOfFaces
What are you, casul?
#19Lieutenant_FuzzPosted 5/11/2013 8:24:06 AM
Btw I know BioWare is owned by EA, but I still really like what they do.

That, and I don't hate EA as much as everyone else seems to. I can't wait until everyone on this board burns me at the stake for that sentence.
---
PSN: ShankerOfFaces
What are you, casul?
#20Chao_YunPosted 5/11/2013 11:10:48 AM
Lieutenant_Fuzz posted...
Btw I know BioWare is owned by EA, but I still really like what they do.

That, and I don't hate EA as much as everyone else seems to. I can't wait until everyone on this board burns me at the stake for that sentence.

You should be burned, but for Bethesda, not EA. They fight for the right of worst developer. Who will win?
---
Forest trees are greener.