Weird sound in the Oolacile Dungeon

#1AdaSandwichPosted 5/12/2013 3:26:31 AM
Earlier today I was playing through the level for my new character, and as I jump across the broken planks to get the Red Titanite Chunk in the chest, I saw a room I never noticed before just to the right of the chest.

It's just an empty room... except there's this weird pounding noise coming from the back of the room.

I first suspected it could be some of the dark sorceress' shooting their dark magic at the wall, but after I cleared out all the enemies in the stage and came back, the sound is still there.

Any ideas on what that is? :)
#200Killaz00Posted 5/12/2013 4:57:15 AM
AdaSandwich posted...
Earlier today I was playing through the level for my new character, and as I jump across the broken planks to get the Red Titanite Chunk in the chest, I saw a room I never noticed before just to the right of the chest.

It's just an empty room... except there's this weird pounding noise coming from the back of the room.

I first suspected it could be some of the dark sorceress' shooting their dark magic at the wall, but after I cleared out all the enemies in the stage and came back, the sound is still there.

Any ideas on what that is? :)

Where's the Red Chunk I don't remember... now I'm intrigued to? Is it a secret area?
---
"remember defenses are much more effective in this version, so some vit and resistance wont be wasted levels." - Silverwyrm
#3HiYa_BioPosted 5/12/2013 5:29:38 AM
It could be one of those rooms that require Light to reveal a secret door.
---
"If you want everything you end up with nothing." -Lulu(FFX)
#4NintenD00MEDPosted 5/12/2013 8:57:47 AM
A lot of areas in Dark Souls have ambient sounds to give it more atmosphere. In the Duke's you can hear whispering if you listen closely.
---
NNID:Hecarim
PSN:NintenDOOMED
#5TheMcKnightMarePosted 5/12/2013 9:25:45 AM
Very interesting... I would go investigate immediately but I just started NG+
---
PSN: TheMcKnightMare - Twitter: @TheMcKnightmare
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MR6tlIJ.jpg[/IMG]
#6AdaSandwich(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 12:10:54 PM
Here's how to get to it :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JcSSGlexlu8#t=692s

EDIT: I titled this wrong. It's in Oolacile Township, just before the dungeon.
#7AdaSandwich(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 1:15:31 PM
NintenD00MED posted...
A lot of areas in Dark Souls have ambient sounds to give it more atmosphere. In the Duke's you can hear whispering if you listen closely.

Yes, but it's weird that you can only hear this in the back of an empty room.
#8elfmirfkinnPosted 5/12/2013 1:33:26 PM
That's the crestfallen blacksmith.
#9elfmirfkinnPosted 5/12/2013 1:36:03 PM
HiYa_Bio posted...
It could be one of those rooms that require Light to reveal a secret door.

Is there more than one? I only found one. I need to go back and check it out now.
Speaking of strange things, what's up with those two empty treasure chests? Do they serve any purpose?