If you could nerf/buff items in Dark Souls; what would they be?

#1WalkingPlaguePosted 5/12/2013 12:12:22 PM
Hmm?
---
| g | a | m | i | n | g | my anti-drug
PSN-ID: nintendofied
#2Bleachfreak7Posted 5/12/2013 12:35:21 PM
I would buff the grass cress shield, giants armor, zweihander, and dark bead.
---
3DS FC: 3437-3085-0365 - HC4 Klash
GE FC: 5486-3590-6471
#3MC_Knight01Posted 5/12/2013 12:43:17 PM
Firesurge. That spell even with 400 doesn't break someones guard
---
The PvP Code: More like "guidelines" than actual rules
#4SSJPabsPosted 5/12/2013 12:50:56 PM
I would nerf enemy arrows so they don't curve in mid-air to hit you. That's such a "gamey" thing to do.
---
I used to have an account in 2002, but Gamefaqs ate it.
#5Lieutenant_FuzzPosted 5/12/2013 1:04:59 PM
I'd buff all elemental weapons a lot. I'd also nerf all magic a lot. And I'm not a magic so OP pls From help guy. I have several intelligence builds, but I think being able to easily instantly kill any player regardless of health is idiotic.
---
PSN: ShankerOfFaces
What are you, casul?
#6AlltraPosted 5/12/2013 2:30:28 PM(edited)
First thing I'd do is rebuff the DWGR to what it was before the patch that lowered the Burden to 25%.

Second thing I'd do is undo the Nerf to Iron Flesh.

After that I'd make it impossible to stun people except during a Parry, breaking their guard, or dealing 50% or more of their max HP in a single hit. (Calling such hits "Heavy Hits")

Then I'd change the Wolf Ring, instead of giving you Poise, it would increase the threshold for Heavy Hits to 75% of your max HP. In fact, I'd probably just remove Poise all together, and just use the Heavy Hits system, and have certain gear increase the threshold by a small percentage.

I'd then increase the Magic Damage Reduction on the Crest Shield to 100%, because we need a 100% Magic Block Shield.

I think I'd undo the nerf on the Pyromancy Glove too, and restablish it's Magic Adjust to what it was before they lowered it.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#700Killaz00Posted 5/12/2013 7:51:49 PM
Alltra posted...
First thing I'd do is rebuff the DWGR to what it was before the patch that lowered the Burden to 25%.

Second thing I'd do is undo the Nerf to Iron Flesh.

After that I'd make it impossible to stun people except during a Parry, breaking their guard, or dealing 50% or more of their max HP in a single hit. (Calling such hits "Heavy Hits")

Then I'd change the Wolf Ring, instead of giving you Poise, it would increase the threshold for Heavy Hits to 75% of your max HP. In fact, I'd probably just remove Poise all together, and just use the Heavy Hits system, and have certain gear increase the threshold by a small percentage.

I'd then increase the Magic Damage Reduction on the Crest Shield to 100%, because we need a 100% Magic Block Shield.

I think I'd undo the nerf on the Pyromancy Glove too, and restablish it's Magic Adjust to what it was before they lowered it.

Those are terrible ideas you should be ashamed
---
"remember defenses are much more effective in this version, so some vit and resistance wont be wasted levels." - Silverwyrm
#8cody316Posted 5/12/2013 8:07:54 PM
I'd triple the damage of the broken sword. But have it only scale with resistance.

And I'd have your bare fists scale with your level.
---
Current Dark Souls Build: Dregling 2.0 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=468629695759071929
PSN: wdh316-=-=-=-=-=-Join the Cult of Cody's Hat Today!
#9TenderwatersPosted 5/12/2013 9:04:34 PM
Buff the kick scaled to weight. A big heavy dude should send skinny little boys flying.
---
Good things happen to monkeys who dance.
#10R0YB0TPosted 5/12/2013 9:27:15 PM
cody316 posted...
I'd triple the damage of the broken sword. But have it only scale with resistance.

And I'd have your bare fists scale with your level.

Is there a way to make bare fists viable right now?
---
Dark souls Co-op GF and me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHwVoT_Brfc