since From Software is going to make a patch...

#1Raijin5Posted 5/13/2013 9:12:05 PM
Why not fix the lag in Blighttown while your at it?
#2ZezrsPosted 5/13/2013 9:12:57 PM
Why don't you?
#3chaochaomanPosted 5/13/2013 9:17:29 PM
But the lag IS Blighttown.
---
Unofficial "That guy" of darn near everything.
Peaceful days died. Let's survive.
#4MC_Knight01Posted 5/13/2013 9:25:11 PM
There's lag in blight town?! Hmm maybe I tack the back entrance a little to much to recognize it.
---
The PvP Code: More like "guidelines" than actual rules
#5CoontemptusPosted 5/13/2013 9:44:58 PM
They were too stupid to make the game run at double digit frame rates on consoles, what makes you think they know how?

2/3 of the game's lag can be eliminated by turning blood effects to off, the other 1/3 can be fixed by disabling a water ripple effect (that is closely tied to the blood effect).

The only other minor hiccups are things like the blur effects around Sif and the motion blur's effect on them.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#6FoaloalPosted 5/13/2013 10:14:53 PM
Why not make the game run at 60fps and 1080p too, while they're at it? And hey, they might as well implement all the other things they weren't able to do, I mean, that's not too much to ask, right?
#7CoontemptusPosted 5/13/2013 10:27:18 PM
Foaloal posted...
Why not make the game run at 60fps and 1080p too, while they're at it? And hey, they might as well implement all the other things they weren't able to do, I mean, that's not too much to ask, right?

I think making it run correctly with very simple fixes is reasonable.

What you're asking is a huge redesign.

When he's asking is a tiny fix that would take literally seconds to implement if you had the software in front of you.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#8ValedictorianXDPosted 5/13/2013 10:50:00 PM
Coontemptus posted...
Foaloal posted...

When he's asking is a tiny fix that would take literally seconds to implement if you had the software in front of you.

"Shhhh. Dark Souls is perfect. Blighttown was intentionally made laggy for the challenge."

-Every Dark Souls fanboy ever
---
Gamer logic is so black and white that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. is considering rising from the grave to lead the mental rights movement.
#9Eddo_CPosted 5/14/2013 2:33:40 AM
Coontemptus posted...
Foaloal posted...

Tell me you realise that he said that tongue in cheek.

As for Blightown, i think once I reach the swamp area, I always manage to fall through because it was too laggy for me to realise where am I. The more "town" area used to be ridiculous but is much more bearable these days.
---
You're pretty radical, can I fill your valence?
#10ray12aPosted 5/14/2013 2:51:29 AM
Speaking of frame rate issues, my favorite is in new londo ruins, near the start. The shortcut ladder leading to ingward's chapel, in conjunction with noclip ghosts, has to be the worst stutter I've seen this gen.
---
GT: DEATHMETALGEAR / PSN: ray12a