So... does no'one co-op because of flickering glitch now or something?

#11ray12aPosted 5/14/2013 8:08:38 AM
I got this game about a week ago after playing DeS courtesy of PS+, figured this one would be best on PS3 considering DeS is a PS3 exclusive. I was pretty disappointed upon encountering the flickering glitch and have been playing offline since.

Needless to say, I'm very anxious for 1.09. I think I'll start a new character once the patch arrives so I can play online as intended.
---
GT: DEATHMETALGEAR / PSN: ray12a
#12BoukePosted 5/14/2013 8:09:38 AM
Everyone is playing something else/ offline until this whole "Flickerstation" debacle gets fixed.
---
PSN: RiverChaucer3rd: Mina (Level 200) [Sorceress] *pure magic build*
~{Utilitarian/ Challenger}~ *Send FR for free hires*
#13kasplat360Posted 5/14/2013 8:29:14 AM
There are definitely issues besides the flicker. I have managed to summon and be summoned, but there are a tremendous number of "Failed to Summon" problems, which sometimes goes away if I Quit and reload.

The flickering makes summon signs very difficult to see, so people that want to be summoned really do need to stand on their summon signs so there is more that shows up if a summoner is walking around a bonfire area or before a boss fog gate.

For Anor Londo, I had the best luck when I was in the mid-fifties to 60. I have one character that was low 40s and I just stood around not getting summoned.

I'm about to head to the forest and see if the PvP is also slower, because I've never been to that place and not seen action.
#14HiYa_BioPosted 5/14/2013 8:32:15 AM
been on my lv150 i had no problem summoning at dukes and OS, the flickering stills shows ss occasionally.
---
"If you want everything you end up with nothing." -Lulu(FFX)
#15spikes_dimakPosted 5/14/2013 8:41:29 AM
I agree. The net code seems to be worse than ever. Lots of failed signs and disconnects. That being said I have had nonstop invasions on my sl50 dark wraith in sens, anor Londo, dukes archive, and a few other spots. I hosted the forest on a sl200 the last two nights and got nonstop reds and blues. Most near my level. I still seeing plenty of action outside my respected communities. Side note shout out to dthomas who picked upy red in the mlbf the other night and kicked my but. Props dude don't think I even hit you.

About the net code and co op and invasions. My net speed stays at a stable 20mb DL and 4mb ul. This could be a large factor as to why I have had less problems.
---
PSN: spikespiegels Big thanks to dom for revitalizing dark souls pvp
Currently playing dark souls and retro games. Always chilling at twitchtv/DimakTV
#16GixenPosted 5/14/2013 8:43:06 AM
The lack of summons started like 1-2 weeks after the Megamule was released. And since the flickering it got even worse....

I barely have the patience to co-op anymore.... :(
---
PSN: Gixen99
#17_The_Blode_Posted 5/14/2013 9:36:49 AM
I helped people with the gaping dragon for a while when the flickering first started, as I find the boss to be pretty fun. After a couple days though, I stopped getting summoned, and all my invaders were becoming very laggy, and they certainly knew how to benefit from it compared to me.
Then my fiancee played her character and wound up getting killed in the parish five times from people who were really working the lag.
---
Level 3 Moderation Rejector - 4 Overturned
Next Lvl: [llllll____] (1/3)
#18__Featurez__Posted 5/14/2013 9:50:07 AM
It's all DOM's fault!

jk

Why are you doing co-op if you can beat the game offline by yourself
#19xCloudyx(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 10:23:35 AM
__Featurez__ posted...
It's all DOM's fault!

jk

Why are you doing co-op if you can beat the game offline by yourself

I like fighting the bosses. I wanna have a jolly good challenge online you see?
---
(\ (O_O) /) Praise the sun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0O1sH1N6n4
#20Link02594Posted 5/14/2013 11:45:55 AM
I was summoned non-stop for Quelaag, sometimes it took a minute, but others it was within seconds.
---
Games are supposed to be fun so play them, don't kill them.
Xbox Live Gamer Tag - Salpher | 3DS Friend Code 2020-0728-7694 | PSN - Phoronia