Most challenging boss at SL 1?

#11xCloudyxPosted 5/14/2013 9:32:07 PM
Coontemptus posted...
I never found Manus that hard to dodge. You don't have to kill him fast, and you only have one enemy to worry about. Its a long fight but you never have the WHAT THE F--- moments where ornstein's phantom range hits you THROUGH smough plowing simultaneously.

S&O, you have a whole crap load of things that can go wrong. Two targets with random attacks can get pretty hairy, although I have it down to a science these days. I can take them out in NG+7 at SL10 more than half the time (about 1-3 attempts each run through).

4K is always a DPS race that is hard at low levels, and sometimes they just decide to spam magic and you're screwed.

Manus... never changes. You don't have to kill him fast, and you don't have multiple variables going at once. I found that easier myself.

My S&O strategy wouldn't change at all if I was SL1, since I use pyro to do phase 1.

Yeah good point. Haven't learned Manus yet myself. I remember having difficulty dodging his magic though. I think anyway. I don't remember much. Maybe that's why I remember him being hard.

So on +7 you're fighting both S&O targets together for a while it sounds like. I bet it's a pain in the bum alright! Still... super Smough is just so easy (And fun) to dodge. If you can knock one of them out hastily with good Pyro and Solaire then the fight can't be as bad as one might normally expect.

I can't even begin to imagine what Four kings would be like at that level though. ._. Even if you're not exclusively tied to the reinforced club.
---
(\ (O_O) /) Praise the sun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0O1sH1N6n4
#12CoontemptusPosted 5/15/2013 6:47:58 AM
xCloudyx posted...
So on +7 you're fighting both S&O targets together for a while it sounds like. I bet it's a pain in the bum alright! Still... super Smough is just so easy (And fun) to dodge. If you can knock one of them out hastily with good Pyro and Solaire then the fight can't be as bad as one might normally expect.

I never summon in challenge runs! I think it takes 8 great combustions to kill Ornstein, so its not as bad as it sounds. I've gotten very good at making the two of them go where I want them too. Keeping Ornstein close is key. If you try to kill Smough first, Orn likes to do his long distance moves without notice, getting me killed most of the time.

I can't even begin to imagine what Four kings would be like at that level though. ._. Even if you're not exclusively tied to the reinforced club.

Falchion - Slash slash roll. Not as bad as it sounds. I think emmarel used the hand axe in his run, fire or chaos maybe? Having two fast attacks is important.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#13SolidKnightPosted 5/15/2013 6:48:57 AM
SL1 is easier than SL6 deprived.
#14pvrhyePosted 5/15/2013 6:57:04 AM
Bridge Wyvern. That jerk is seriously frustrating to kill the legit way.
#15CoontemptusPosted 5/15/2013 7:29:54 AM
SolidKnight posted...

You'd get 1 attunement slot, but different weapon variety. Long sword, drake sword, claymore, bastard sword.

Probably some other weapons I can't think of off the top of my head.

The hard fights (O&S, 4K) would be about the same.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#16HiYa_BioPosted 5/15/2013 7:37:50 AM
Anyone got any tips for beating the hydra guarding Dusk?

I'm currently doing a lv1 no shield run and I haven't tried fighting it yet because I really don't know how to approach it. Even if I manage to get close how do I guard against his heads charging at me?
---
"If you want everything you end up with nothing." -Lulu(FFX)
#17CoontemptusPosted 5/15/2013 7:48:56 AM
HiYa_Bio posted...
Anyone got any tips for beating the hydra guarding Dusk?

I'm currently doing a lv1 no shield run and I haven't tried fighting it yet because I really don't know how to approach it. Even if I manage to get close how do I guard against his heads charging at me?

I did this, used a polearm though so it might be harder for you.

Flip ring the heads, and shuffle back and forth until you find a spot where only 1 head will hit you.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#18SolidKnightPosted 5/15/2013 7:49:33 AM
Coontemptus posted...
SolidKnight posted...

You'd get 1 attunement slot, but different weapon variety. Long sword, drake sword, claymore, bastard sword.

Probably some other weapons I can't think of off the top of my head.

The hard fights (O&S, 4K) would be about the same.

Hardest is probably Bandit since it would have no attunement slots and the inability to wield a lot of weapons.
#19CoontemptusPosted 5/15/2013 7:58:47 AM
SolidKnight posted...
Hardest is probably Bandit since it would have no attunement slots and the inability to wield a lot of weapons.

I think we have a winner for hardest starting class without leveling.

Oh, and Deprived can use the spear. That would come in handy for a lot of fights. No balder shield would be a drag, though.

I had to look at the weapon list to find anything redeeming about the Bandit's 14 STR/9 Dex, and didn't find much. You could 1 hand some hammers and the pickaxe, which might make an interesting run.
---
Sic semper tyrannis