How Do People Think Back-stabs Aren't Broken?

#1m415mikePosted 5/16/2013 12:43:13 PM
I hear a lot of talk about how they are fine and shouldn't be changed, but I'm not seeing any actual evidence as to WHY they are fine. They completely break the game. This guy was able to keep me at a stand-still for almost half an hour because he would back-stab me whenever I got close, and there wasn't a single thing I could do about it. Counter BS-ing was not an option because he would stab me without ever presenting his back to me. Unlocking and circling with a quick weapon wasn't an option, because he would still back-stab me from the front. There was literally no way to defeat this opponent. He had a ton of poise and health, fast-rolled, and was able to two shot me with his lightning estoc and zweihander.

Back-stabs are stupid. If you deny this, you are clearly having a better experience and are simply selfish.

Before anyone says anything: I've been playing for a LONG time and am a great player. This is just simply ridiculous. I could avoid him all day, but there was no way to engage him without immediately getting back-stabbed, therefore immediately being within one-shot range.
#2JBobGlassPosted 5/16/2013 12:47:51 PM
if you wear a shield on your back due to 2 handing weapon you should be able to avoid being back stabbed...i think this should be in the next game
#3final_chancePosted 5/16/2013 12:49:47 PM
Agreed. The whole concept is dumb. It should only be possible if the enemy has no awareness of your presence. The fact that I for some reason stop moving and start looking around at the beginning of a backstab is dumb.

If someone attacks my back...give them a damage boost. Sure. But this stupid backstab system is dumb. We don't need to have special animations for it...which then leads to possible chain stabs. At the very least they need to make it so chainstabs aren't possible. Either decrease recovery time for the victim or increase recovery time for the dealer. Maybe both.
---
~El Psy Congroo~
PSN ID: FatBeezzee
#4BombayNugzPosted 5/16/2013 12:50:49 PM
If you are a good player, think what combat would be w/o backstabs. You now know why backstabs are a necessary evil. Backstab the dude first if hes giving you that much trouble.
---
Go Big Red
PSN: BOMBAYNUGZ420
#5TrixtinFamerPosted 5/16/2013 12:51:39 PM
pretty much. people will argue it's the only way to beat a gank, but I'd rather have solid 1 vs 1 than a means to win against a gank squad. natually if the netcode was decent it wouldn't be an issue, but for now get rid of bs and just add a slight multiplier for back shots, no animation.
#6hemphoarderPosted 5/16/2013 12:52:50 PM
If you are a great player you would not have posted this ridiculous thread complaining about of all things... back stabs.
---
Gamefaqs Moderators=Security guards who couldn't make it through police academy...
PSN:Sleepyydwarf
#7TheMcKnightMarePosted 5/16/2013 12:53:58 PM
m415mike posted...
I hear a lot of talk about how they are fine and shouldn't be changed, but I'm not seeing any actual evidence as to WHY they are fine. They completely break the game. This guy was able to keep me at a stand-still for almost half an hour because he would back-stab me whenever I got close, and there wasn't a single thing I could do about it. Counter BS-ing was not an option because he would stab me without ever presenting his back to me. Unlocking and circling with a quick weapon wasn't an option, because he would still back-stab me from the front. There was literally no way to defeat this opponent. He had a ton of poise and health, fast-rolled, and was able to two shot me with his lightning estoc and zweihander.

Back-stabs are stupid. If you deny this, you are clearly having a better experience and are simply selfish.

Before anyone says anything: I've been playing for a LONG time and am a great player. This is just simply ridiculous. I could avoid him all day, but there was no way to engage him without immediately getting back-stabbed, therefore immediately being within one-shot range.

I can attest ^ GREAT player.... I love backstabs! ;)

But seriously, if your pvp is completely dependent on backstabs to win... You're a joke.. I get what From was trying to do... But it's become a broken tool that s*** players can exploit to best other players they would normally have zero chance of defeating
---
PSN: TheMcKnightMare - Twitter: @TheMcKnightmare
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MR6tlIJ.jpg[/IMG]
#8szathmabPosted 5/16/2013 12:54:39 PM
hemphoarder posted...
If you are a great player you would not have posted this ridiculous thread complaining about of all things... back stabs.

---
HK on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/ALLHAILHK1
A little effort here and there will serve you well, princess.
#9hemphoarderPosted 5/16/2013 12:54:59 PM
TrixtinFamer posted...
pretty much. people will argue it's the only way to beat a gank, but I'd rather have solid 1 vs 1 than a means to win against a gank squad. natually if the netcode was decent it wouldn't be an issue, but for now get rid of bs and just add a slight multiplier for back shots, no animation.

WoW combat mechanics bring them on!!!

f***ing casuals with their dependence on back stabs and chain stabs. scrubby tryhards.
---
Gamefaqs Moderators=Security guards who couldn't make it through police academy...
PSN:Sleepyydwarf
#10m415mike(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 12:55:05 PM
BombayNugz posted...
If you are a good player, think what combat would be w/o backstabs. You now know why backstabs are a necessary evil. Backstab the dude first if hes giving you that much trouble.

The literal only time I can think of a negative aspect of taking away back-stabs is when it comes to ganking. In every single other situation, it ACTUALLY FORCES PEOPLE TO PLAY THE GAME. HOW ABOUT THAT?! The ganking situation is easily remedied by only allowing back-stabs if one is out-numbered or the enemy is in the animation of using an item. I've proposed that fix multiple times, and nobody has ever given feedback. It's the closest thing to a perfect system. It allows you to punish healing and makes it so the odds aren't stacked 100% against you if you are outnumbered.

Outside of those specific situations, back-stabbing is a ridiculous automatic win button. I can't back-stab him first, because I can't get in the position to back-stab him. He can get me from anywhere he wants, but I have to actually have his back presented to me to do so.