Most Frustrating Boss in DaS and DeS?

#11babysbadnewsPosted 5/18/2013 9:46:17 AM
i still cant understand why it isnt popular oppinion that astorias is the hardest boss in dark souls.
---
"We offer full health, dental and you get to kill things" - Chairman
#12babysbadnewsPosted 5/18/2013 9:50:58 AM
speaking of solo play.
---
"We offer full health, dental and you get to kill things" - Chairman
#13AnotherStripePosted 5/18/2013 9:54:11 AM
Demons: King Allant (the real one). God my punches take forever!
Dark: Manus ng+
---
I could never be as incandescent as the sun...
PSN: AnotherStripe
#14Johnny_Jon_117Posted 5/18/2013 10:13:38 AM
Saito_Sakaki posted...
Soloing Orestien and Smoguh, maybe even Quelegg.

THIS
---
Trying to argue with someone on the Internet is like trying to argue with a brick. You just don't do it man. You just don't do it.
#15shadow_sakePosted 5/18/2013 10:54:01 AM
I haven't beaten any of them but so far:

Dark Souls: Stray Demon
Demon's Souls: Maneater
---
PSN: Shadow_Sake
c:x:x:x:x{{:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
#16nfobiaPosted 5/18/2013 11:01:28 AM
Demon's Souls, at first I though Old King Allant but he is pretty easy once you learn the patterns. Flamelurker gave me most frustration first time so yes, that one. Btw, Maneater was surprisingly easy for me.

In Dark Souls, cant say anything about dlc bosses (haven't played yet) but for now, definitely Ornstein and Smough.

And everything solo of course, summoning is for sissies.
#17Oblivioncrow(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 12:07:09 PM
Smough and Ornstein are the best boss battle in the game. I have the best time fighting them. They are so fun to fight
---
If you were to look inside my mind, your conscience would rupture into oblivion.
#18acesxhighPosted 5/18/2013 12:19:32 PM
Demon's Souls: It was Flamelurker last time I played I guess because that was my last obstacle before getting the DBS.

Also Penetrator because I accidentally aggro'd Biorr and it basically made it an O&S fight.

Dark Souls: O&S, always. Bed of Chaos is frustrating as well, but I don't consider that a boss.

DLC bosses are all hard.
---
Official Ubisoft hater of everywhere
http://i.imgur.com/teH4y.gif
#19AtrabiliousPosted 5/18/2013 12:32:23 PM
babysbadnews posted...
i still cant understand why it isnt popular oppinion that astorias is the hardest boss in dark souls.

Because he's not really that hard. He telegraphs his harder hitting attacks pretty badly and his faster ones still aren't so fast that they're difficult to dodge on reaction. His power up ability can be halted entirely just by hitting him a few times.

The only thing that really makes the fight harder is his higher than normal damage resistance, but Manus and Kalameet have that too.

---

In DeS, easily the Maneaters. High damage knock back attacks on a platform above a pit fall. I suppose a human Old Monk could potentially be even more frustrating depending on their skill, equips, spells, etc. SS/AC shenanigans.

In DkS, Bed of Chaos. Possibly Nito if you didn't know you should stay at the entrance. Otherwise you get caught in the skeleton gang bang and it gets messy.
---
| Xbox 360: Atrabilious/ClassiestFiddle/Phantom Ostrava/Godsbane Blade |
| PS3: Jazzy_Bones/PhantomOstrava |
#20WarBeaglePosted 5/21/2013 5:57:22 PM
Atrabilious posted...
babysbadnews posted...

Because he's not really that hard. He telegraphs his harder hitting attacks pretty badly and his faster ones still aren't so fast that they're difficult to dodge on reaction. His power up ability can be halted entirely just by hitting him a few times.

The only thing that really makes the fight harder is his higher than normal damage resistance, but Manus and Kalameet have that too.

---

In DeS, easily the Maneaters. High damage knock back attacks on a platform above a pit fall. I suppose a human Old Monk could potentially be even more frustrating depending on their skill, equips, spells, etc. SS/AC shenanigans.

In DkS, Bed of Chaos. Possibly Nito if you didn't know you should stay at the entrance. Otherwise you get caught in the skeleton gang bang and it gets messy.

Nito can be one of the easiest bosses in the game if you go in with a divine weapon to kill the skeletons with first. If you do that, the only attack you'll have to heal is that blue AoE he does.
---
"come on Max. Let's go before more of them show up" he started up the car and drove to Arizona.