Armor after four kings?

#1yankeefan03Posted 6/7/2013 12:52:05 PM
I just beat the 4 kings and still have the crimson robes on. What would you recommend for the rest of the game?
---
"Ummm... Brotherhood was in Rome, not Italy."
X-Box Live Gamertag--GageIsLegend
#2aneed4peedPosted 6/7/2013 12:55:02 PM
Wear whatever you think looks good, making sure that you can move comfortably and roll properly. Cos' in a game where you can completely negate damage, you dont need defense of any sort.
---
a knock, a thud, a tiny...zwoosh, where?
Please, call me Aneed [http://i.imgur.com/DDzaw.jpg]
#3shadowsofdawnPosted 6/7/2013 12:57:03 PM
GIANTS GIANTS GIANTS
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#4yankeefan03(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2013 12:59:10 PM
aneed4peed posted...
Wear whatever you think looks good, making sure that you can move comfortably and roll properly. Cos' in a game where you can completely negate damage, you dont need defense of any sort.

That's my goal is an agile build and with crimson robes I have that. I was just thinking this far into the game maybe there is armor that is that light and maybe Is a little better.
---
"Ummm... Brotherhood was in Rome, not Italy."
X-Box Live Gamertag--GageIsLegend
#5lunajennyPosted 6/7/2013 1:03:28 PM
Trying to tank hits won't work, and poise is only really useful for pvp since most bosses don't attack quickly enough to stunlock you or break poise no matter what your poise is. You should either block or dodge enemy hits. I recommend you stay below 25% equip load but below 50% works fine mostly. I usually wear whatever I think looks good, which is moonlight robes for pve or paladin armour (poise) for pvp

The high end armours when highly upgraded will give you decent defence in your first game, but they are so heavy and you will likely have so little endurance in your first playthrough that you wont be able to dodge properly and they will just grind you down gradually
---
GT: Kyrie Kaneko
#6SifthegreatPosted 6/7/2013 1:08:01 PM
A good set to choose imo is the Xanthous set minus the crown it still has great defense and weighs only slightly more than the crimson.
---
self proclaimed dark souls guru
PSN=N4TH4N__MAGEE
#7aneed4peedPosted 6/7/2013 1:22:22 PM
High Defense light armour pieces:

Chest pieces:
- Dingy Robe
- Sage Robe
- Witch Cloak
- Wanderer Coat
- Black Leather armour
- Brigand amour
- Holy Robe

Wrist guards:
- Wanderer's Manchette
- Brigand Gauntlets
- Black Sorcerer Guantlets
- Maiden Gloves
- Xanthous Gloves

Leggings:
- Maiden Skirt
- Xanthous Robes
- Wanderer Boots
- Black Leather Boots
- Brigand Boots
- Holy Trousers

Those are all 0 poise, low weight pieces with nice defense. Headgear i'll leave to you.
---
a knock, a thud, a tiny...zwoosh, where?
Please, call me Aneed [http://i.imgur.com/DDzaw.jpg]