Would You Buy The Game If There Was...

#1newjerseyplayerPosted 6/12/2013 5:53:13 PM
None of your precious backstabs?

None of your precious toggle-escapes?

None of your precious dead-angling?

None of your precious roll-backstabs?

This is only some of the stuff I see a lot around here, and do you notice that none of those thigns are really "legitimate"? And I'm not saying you don't need skill to do them, or that you're cheating or anything. Just that, come on. This wasn't the PvP the developers intended. Sure, neither were stunlocks or things like that, but still.
---
{]xxxx[}::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::> PSN: rjlikestv
Yes I believe in Jesus Christ. He is our Saviour.
#2TheLucidChibaPosted 6/12/2013 5:54:53 PM
No one likes the game because of those things, but you'd be an idiot to not use them when they're present.

Don't worry DKS2 will have new mechanics for scrubs to complain about getting beat by day in and day out.
---
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist"
GT - LucidChiba
#3DagnothPosted 6/12/2013 5:55:35 PM
Yes, because those things cancel each other out lol. Nuthin changes lol.
---
I feel a whole lot more like I do now then I did a while ago.
#4hemphoarderPosted 6/12/2013 6:00:36 PM
Someone that mainly co-ops is complaining yet again about pvp related things. Talk about/complain about stuff that relates to you because none of those things do.
---
Dell Dimension DE05, 1Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.53 GHz,256 MB of RAM Win XP
PSN:Sleepyydwarf/Tryhardwarf
#5TheMcKnightMarePosted 6/12/2013 6:07:19 PM
newjerseyplayer posted...
None of your precious backstabs?

None of your precious toggle-escapes?

None of your precious dead-angling?

None of your precious roll-backstabs?

This is only some of the stuff I see a lot around here, and do you notice that none of those thigns are really "legitimate"? And I'm not saying you don't need skill to do them, or that you're cheating or anything. Just that, come on. This wasn't the PvP the developers intended. Sure, neither were stunlocks or things like that, but still.

Hey girl..

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/66428570
---
PSN: TheMcKnightMare - Twitter: @TheMcKnightmare
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MR6tlIJ.jpg[/IMG]
#6shadowsofdawnPosted 6/12/2013 6:10:46 PM
You are so right; backstabs, evasion i-frames, and stunlocking weapons are all terrible glitches that were missed during the beta-testing of this game.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#7Dex_PyromaniacPosted 6/12/2013 6:13:12 PM
There is no 'pvp the developers intended' because the game is a mainly single player action RPG and even to them it came as a surprise as to just how popular the tacked on pvp ended up being. So because the pvp is a laggy inbalanced mess and I like being good at pvp games I play, I decided to learn how to be good at this laggy inbalanced mess, its not my fault others dont do it and then end up being whiny scrubs
---
Video games always break the fourth wall, theyre like 'Snake, push the SELECT button!' and Snakes probably like 'What the f***!?'
-lordofultima
#8saxrohmerPosted 6/12/2013 6:38:52 PM
Did something happen recently, that there is a sudden resurgence of these topics? Maybe it's all the press DkS2 is getting.

Yes, I would still play this game even if the mechanics were slightly changed. I learned how to use all of those techniques because they are required to be competitive, not because I love toggle-escapes...
---
Speak not the Watchers, Draw not the Watchers, Write not the Watchers, Sculpt not the Watchers, Sing not the Watchers, Call not the Watchers' name
#9newjerseyplayer(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 3:55:07 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...
You are so right; backstabs, evasion i-frames, and stunlocking weapons are all terrible glitches that were missed during the beta-testing of this game.

When the hell did I say anything about i-frames?

newjerseyplayer posted...
And I'm not saying you don't need skill to do them, or that you're cheating or anything. Just that, come on.

I'm being civil, and if you thought I was being aggressive towards your little "Way of life" then I apologize, but now I'm ticked.

And hemphoarder, do you really think I never PvP? I love co-op, just because I enjoy it more. But I also like PvP. I engage in it frequently, when I'm not playing with others. And I have found anyone I am matched up against never actually swing their weapon. They merely start rolling everywhere and then go for a backstab, and they get me 4/10 times.

And if this game really boils down to whoever can backstab someone the most efficiently, then you go with that. I however, feel that the game shouldn't be pure backstabbing.
---
{]xxxx[}::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::> PSN: rjlikestv
Yes I believe in Jesus Christ. He is our Saviour.
#10hemphoarderPosted 6/13/2013 4:36:55 AM
If you don't like the meta then don't play that way. Don't expect everyone else to see it your way tho lol. I love how everyone that complains about this stuff always goes well they only get me with it 3/10 times but its annoying so on going to whine. If ppl make this big a deal about it then its happening far more often than that.
---
Dell Dimension DE05, 1Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.53 GHz,256 MB of RAM Win XP
PSN:Sleepyydwarf/Tryhardwarf