Which boss is more aggresive?

#11saxrohmerPosted 6/16/2013 8:00:31 PM
JamesPipBoy3000 posted...
Gywn is by far the more difficult and aggressive boss.

I think they are about the same level of aggressiveness, although I'd compare Gwyn to Allant before FL.

As far as difficulty in melee, I think FL is harder. Gwyn is tough, but he has that one GLARING weakness...
---
Speak not the Watchers, Draw not the Watchers, Write not the Watchers, Sculpt not the Watchers, Sing not the Watchers, Call not the Watchers' name
#12Kim_ChunsamPosted 6/16/2013 9:31:03 PM
Flamelurker is super easy to beat with the winged spear and my secret sweet spot.. just sit back poke him to death without even getting touched..
#13elfmirfkinnPosted 6/16/2013 10:08:06 PM
My vote is for Flamelurker. Last time I played through, I avoided him because I remember his aggressiveness. Especially when you hit ng+. I don't ever have a hard time with Gwyn. It seems like if you keep hitting him, he just stands there. And yes, there is that one glaring weakness.
---
---PSN: elfmirfkin---
---PSN: A_Casual---
#14A7X_NightmarePosted 6/16/2013 10:12:41 PM
Kim_Chunsam posted...
Flamelurker is super easy to beat with the winged spear and my secret sweet spot.. just sit back poke him to death without even getting touched..

I remember figuring that out lol. Still not that hard fighting him head on.
---
You can find me in Lordran. Praise The Sun!
#15PraisedasunPosted 6/17/2013 5:20:24 AM
Well I am doing my first Demon's souls playthrough at the moment.
My build is pure melee.
I beat him in my 4th try,and I have to say that the worst part of the battle is when his life is around 1/3 or 1/2.
At the end he just spammed his explosive attacks,which are hilariously easy to dodge.He was intimidating surely,but if you are calm you have nothing to fear.
#16Grimmgamer13Posted 6/17/2013 7:46:54 AM
"I think they are about the same level of aggressiveness, although I'd compare Gwyn to Allant"

If you make THAT comparison, then Gwyn looks like a friggin third grader next to the False King, he's still a beast to this day. Though I don't find the Lurker or Gwyn particularly troubling today, the FL still echoes the old intimidation I felt the first time playing the game through. Also, he's like the fourth boss you encounter in demon's souls? Gwyn was the last, and by that point I was tough enough not to sweat him.
#17The moonlight knightPosted 6/17/2013 10:31:23 AM
Gwyn is more aggressive.

I recall actually being able to heal against Flamelurker without using something between us to hold him off. With Gwyn, I either have to get some pillar of rock between us and pray, or parry him to give me just enough time to heal.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#18ThewindycudgelPosted 6/17/2013 11:03:34 AM
My vote is for flamelurker. Beat every boss in DeS first try, including false king, although that was probably because i had beat dark souls 98467 times before this. But man, freakin flamelurker just don't give no breaks

freakin flamelurker