Which boss is more aggresive?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Which boss is more aggresive?
2 years ago#11
JamesPipBoy3000 posted...
Gywn is by far the more difficult and aggressive boss.

I think they are about the same level of aggressiveness, although I'd compare Gwyn to Allant before FL.

As far as difficulty in melee, I think FL is harder. Gwyn is tough, but he has that one GLARING weakness...
---
Speak not the Watchers, Draw not the Watchers, Write not the Watchers, Sculpt not the Watchers, Sing not the Watchers, Call not the Watchers' name
2 years ago#12
Flamelurker is super easy to beat with the winged spear and my secret sweet spot.. just sit back poke him to death without even getting touched..
2 years ago#13
My vote is for Flamelurker. Last time I played through, I avoided him because I remember his aggressiveness. Especially when you hit ng+. I don't ever have a hard time with Gwyn. It seems like if you keep hitting him, he just stands there. And yes, there is that one glaring weakness.
---
---PSN: elfmirfkin---
---PSN: A_Casual---
2 years ago#14
Kim_Chunsam posted...
Flamelurker is super easy to beat with the winged spear and my secret sweet spot.. just sit back poke him to death without even getting touched..

I remember figuring that out lol. Still not that hard fighting him head on.
---
You can find me in Lordran. Praise The Sun!
2 years ago#15
Well I am doing my first Demon's souls playthrough at the moment.
My build is pure melee.
I beat him in my 4th try,and I have to say that the worst part of the battle is when his life is around 1/3 or 1/2.
At the end he just spammed his explosive attacks,which are hilariously easy to dodge.He was intimidating surely,but if you are calm you have nothing to fear.
2 years ago#16
"I think they are about the same level of aggressiveness, although I'd compare Gwyn to Allant"

If you make THAT comparison, then Gwyn looks like a friggin third grader next to the False King, he's still a beast to this day. Though I don't find the Lurker or Gwyn particularly troubling today, the FL still echoes the old intimidation I felt the first time playing the game through. Also, he's like the fourth boss you encounter in demon's souls? Gwyn was the last, and by that point I was tough enough not to sweat him.
2 years ago#17
Gwyn is more aggressive.

I recall actually being able to heal against Flamelurker without using something between us to hold him off. With Gwyn, I either have to get some pillar of rock between us and pray, or parry him to give me just enough time to heal.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
2 years ago#18
My vote is for flamelurker. Beat every boss in DeS first try, including false king, although that was probably because i had beat dark souls 98467 times before this. But man, freakin flamelurker just don't give no breaks

freakin flamelurker
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Which boss is more aggresive?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived