Third time I've started this game, determined to beat it

#1screwmtvPosted 6/17/2013 7:11:47 AM
Just started this game for the third time over the past 2 years. I loved the hell out of Demon's Souls and beat it multiple times with many NG's, but never managed to beat Dark Souls.

I'm going with a Pyromancer and can't decide between Strength or Dexterity. Also, I'm guessing Attunement will allow more slots for pyro spells, yeah? I've never played a Pyro, so are there some pretty powerful spells there?
---
Nothing ever burns down by itself. Every fire needs a little bit of help.
#2cucumberkingPosted 6/17/2013 7:20:43 AM
A Dexterity focused Pyro is this games easy mode.
---
Youtube: MilkmanYeti PSN Milkmanyeti or ThePantsCougar NintendoID: Milkmanyeti
#3SifthegreatPosted 6/17/2013 7:20:53 AM
Str is much better than dex for the first few playthroughs of pvE so go for that.

In terms of spells theres 4 main spells you will want to get for a pyromancer great fireball, great combustion, fire tempest and power within.
---
self proclaimed dark souls guru
PSN=N4TH4N__MAGEE
#4screwmtv(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 7:31:14 AM
Eh, kinda don't want to do easy mode like when I stumbled across HP regen with my Faith build in Demon's Souls.

Curious though, what makes a Pyro with high Dexterity easy mode?
---
#5shadowsofdawnPosted 6/17/2013 7:32:37 AM
screwmtv posted...
Eh, kinda don't want to do easy mode like when I stumbled across HP regen with my Faith build in Demon's Souls.

Dex boosts the speed of pyro spells. Between 35 and 45 dex you get a slight boost in casting speed with each level of dex. 45 is the cap.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#6screwmtv(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 7:40:28 AM
Gotcha. Dumb question, but Attunement will give me more slots for Pyro spells, right. My first magic character.
---
#7gaztop77Posted 6/17/2013 9:02:39 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...
screwmtv posted...

Dex boosts the speed of pyro spells. Between 35 and 45 dex you get a slight boost in casting speed with each level of dex. 45 is the cap.

A fully upgraded flame with a couple of fireball spells and great combustion makes the game too easy on ng. You can beat gwyn by pulling back on the stick and spamming fireball. No skill required or your money back! That goes for the majority of non doc bosses and tougher non boss enemies.