So how do you think/want DkS2 to handle non-scaling weapon paths?

#1shadowsofdawnPosted 6/17/2013 7:13:09 AM
Do you think there will be changes to elemental upgrade paths?

We know that fire is getting re-integrated in with magic this time, so what if fire weapons now scale with INT, and lightning weapons scale with FTH?

Keep it the way it is? Change it?
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#2DJ_0000Posted 6/17/2013 7:45:28 AM
There should be a handful of good unique non-scaling weapons that you would want to build around, similar to Nothern Regalia and Obsidian Greatsword. Elemental normal weapons should be very weak, about half as powerful as they are now, so they are only particularly functional as side arms at higher levels.

Basically I think vitality gouge builds should be viable but they should be more focussed on building to specific, unique weapons in my opinion.
#3shadowsofdawn(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 7:53:53 AM
DJ_0000 posted...
There should be a handful of good unique non-scaling weapons that you would want to build around, similar to Nothern Regalia and Obsidian Greatsword. Elemental normal weapons should be very weak, about half as powerful as they are now, so they are only particularly functional as side arms at higher levels.

Basically I think vitality gouge builds should be viable but they should be more focussed on building to specific, unique weapons in my opinion.

I would really like that. Those special weapons that you can build around (NR, Obsidian greatsword, etc.) are great.
---
.||
#4moodyjm2Posted 6/17/2013 7:54:07 AM
Dragon weapons are great but the 50 STR ones be improved slightly - need more PvP viability. This goes along with STR weapons in general. Increase the bonuses as well.

As far as elementals, I'm interested to see what route they take. I think From learned their lesson to make scaling superior with investment, however I'd like to see more elemental immunities in PvE enemies. That was my favorite part about Dragon Age(s) on Nightmare.
---
This is a rock and roll takeover, living each day one night at a time.
#5Parsl5kPosted 6/17/2013 8:00:02 AM(edited)
I'd prefer no non-scaling weapons at all. Though, unique non-scaling weapons that require some stat planning sound fine; just don't give them monstrous backstab damage like the NR.
#6GreatKiraLordPosted 6/17/2013 9:20:41 AM
weaker but with poor scaling and low req
#7hemphoarderPosted 6/17/2013 9:25:02 AM
moodyjm2 posted...
Dragon weapons are great but the 50 STR ones be improved slightly - need more PvP viability. This goes along with STR weapons in general. Increase the bonuses as well.

As far as elementals, I'm interested to see what route they take. I think From learned their lesson to make scaling superior with investment, however I'd like to see more elemental immunities in PvE enemies. That was my favorite part about Dragon Age(s) on Nightmare.

You are a fan of dragon age origins? If so you are cooler than I thought.
---
Dell Dimension DE05, 1Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.53 GHz,256 MB of RAM Win XP
PSN:Sleepyydwarf/Tryhardwarf
#8EWGFPosted 6/17/2013 11:13:52 AM
Elemental damage is fine as is.
Take what people don't use, or what people use excessively, and modify/adjust accordingly. +15s, some uniques, and elementals are good. Occult, Holy, Magic, Enchanted, Raw, and Crystal are all terrible. Fix the bad ones, don't start turning viable stuff bad.
---
Soulcraft Science.
PSN: E-W-G-F
#9shadowsofdawn(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 11:16:01 AM
EWGF posted...
some uniques,

On that note, lets not have anymore weapons like Dragon Tooth that are just heavier weaker version of normal weapons.
---
.||
#10MC_BatCommanderPosted 6/17/2013 11:38:15 AM
I'd like to see a return to the scaling upgrade paths from DeS. It was nice that you actually had options when it came to Faith / Int characters.
---