boss soul weapons ?

#1O_petPosted 6/18/2013 9:35:12 PM
im still new and have never made one. from what i read it can be done with several different weapons based on the boss soul. my question is does the base weapon matter or do they all turn out the same?

this is my second full play though and i have all the boss souls, i'd like to convert them into their respective weps before moving onto ng+ even if i'll never use them and would love some advice on what and how to use these boss souls.
---
Have you ever been so pissed off that you start swinging a cactus?
#2YuenkuPosted 6/18/2013 9:41:08 PM
It goes by "weapon type" rather than any specific weapon.

Take Qualaag's soul for example;
- Forging it with any "Katana" type weapon (Uchigatana, Iato, Washing Pole) will give you the Chaos Blade.
- Forging it with any "Curved Blade" type weapon (Falchion, Painting Guardian's sword, etc) will give you the Furysword.
---
~**Lolicon Pride**~
#3O_pet(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 9:53:26 PM
awesome thanks for the quick response, the certain type matters not the exact one right? like as you said Washing Pole, Iaito, and Uchigatana will all result in the same thing, with no variants between which weapon i use?
---
#4naruto12185Posted 6/18/2013 10:09:46 PM
Correct using Washing Pole, Iaito, and Uchigatana will all result in the Chaos Blade and it will have the same stats no matter which of the katanas is used to forge it. Same applies to all boss weapons, each require a specific type of weapon (like katana, spear, etc.) to forge the weapon but the exact katana, spear or etc you use will not change the base stats of the boss weapon. Hope this helps!
#5O_pet(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 10:21:08 PM
Awesome thanks alot Naruto that does help alot. you both have been a big help, now i need to figure out which weapon i should boss out :P
---