Dark Souls 2 vs Demon's Souls 2.

#1Patriarch105Posted 6/28/2013 1:20:41 PM
Sorry if this is old but...

I just heard a rumor about a potential for a Demon's Souls 2. Since Sony still owns the name it's entirely possible that they have their own rival series to match wits with Dark Souls 2.

Unfortunately I've only heard the info second hand and can't post a reliable link but will say that this could easily be a rumor that won't come to pass.

I do think it's going to be odd that technically one franchise will now be split into two. I know Dark is separate but they are both considered part of the "Souls" series.
---
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#2Johnny_Jon_117Posted 6/28/2013 1:31:32 PM
Dark Souls is the spiritual successor to Demon Souls but Dark Souls 2 is the sequel to dark souls meaning it's continuing where dark souls left off. Hopes this helps!
---
Why didn't you DODGE?!?!
Thumps up to anyone that gets this reference!
#3Patriarch105(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 1:39:07 PM(edited)
Johnny_Jon_117 posted...
Dark Souls is the spiritual successor to Demon Souls but Dark Souls 2 is the sequel to dark souls meaning it's continuing where dark souls left off. Hopes this helps!

That was never the question. And I stated this in my first post.

The question is what you think of 2 separate souls series existing. Spiritual successor or not Demon's and Dark have by a lot of us been considered 2 parts of a bigger whole of the "Souls" series of games produced by From Software.
---
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#4J4nicatorPosted 6/28/2013 2:51:35 PM
Patriarch105 posted...
Johnny_Jon_117 posted...

That was never the question. And I stated this in my first post.

The question is what you think of 2 separate souls series existing. Spiritual successor or not Demon's and Dark have by a lot of us been considered 2 parts of a bigger whole of the "Souls" series of games produced by From Software.

You never actually asked a question....
---
Opinion =/= Fact
#5Frostheat_22Posted 6/28/2013 3:13:47 PM
Even if Demon Souls 2 is real I highly doubt that From is developing it, so it's gonna suck (Hope not, though)
---
PSN: Frostheat_22
#6PhaseSlaethePosted 6/28/2013 3:41:37 PM
Since Dark 2 looks more like Demon 2 anyway, I don't have to answer.
#7Patriarch105(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 7:16:30 PM
Frostheat_22 posted...
Even if Demon Souls 2 is real I highly doubt that From is developing it, so it's gonna suck (Hope not, though)

No way they'd be the developer. But thats the issue. Are they going to be able to find a new studio that can fit the game or is Demon's Souls 2 going to be a 3rd person cover based shooter.
---
#8Patriarch105(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 7:24:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9AeroLightbladePosted 6/28/2013 7:41:35 PM
I don't see this happening while I did like demon souls it was fun dark souls was harder and better...

however it seems that demon souls had more npc talks and interaction

and dark souls really in my honest opinion had a even less story...

Course that doesn't keep me form trying to platinum both either lol They are both fun dark and unique games along with excellant pvp so :)
---
PSN: Caldaminis
#10FlyinBrianPosted 6/28/2013 7:41:51 PM
without From developing, DeS2 would be like a drag queen version of the original's diva star. sure, from far away and with enough singing talent you might be confused for a second, but on any closer inspection, it would just become so very wrong,,,
---
Sanity's really just a one trick pony, you just get one trick: rational thought. But when you're good and crazy, oh baby! The skies the limit! - The Tick