Demon's Souls 2 rumors potential rival for From Software.

#1Patriarch105Posted 6/29/2013 12:02:16 PM
Recently out of E3 there have been rumors from Sony being interested in making DeS2. And they still own the name. What do you think of the potential for a rival for Dark Souls 2? Will Sony be able to find someone with the vision to make a game with the same idea of enjoyable difficulty or will it devolve into a 3rd person cover-based shooter?

There is a lot of potential here to do good. And I do think it's interesting that the spiritual prequel to Dark Souls which by many is still considered part of the larger souls series will now have two separate rival games.

What will become of Patches? Think Sony can call in their copyright and steal patches away from "From Software"?
---
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#2boktai3Posted 6/29/2013 12:03:45 PM
Patriarch105 posted...
Recently out of E3 there have been rumors from Sony being interested in making DeS2. And they still own the name. What do you think of the potential for a rival for Dark Souls 2? Will Sony be able to find someone with the vision to make a game with the same idea of enjoyable difficulty or will it devolve into a 3rd person cover-based shooter?

There is a lot of potential here to do good. And I do think it's interesting that the spiritual prequel to Dark Souls which by many is still considered part of the larger souls series will now have two separate rival games.

What will become of Patches? Think Sony can call in their copyright and steal patches away from "From Software"?

whatever you are smoking, i want some of that.
#3Flow_149Posted 6/29/2013 12:09:26 PM
It's like skyrim with guns!
#4Patriarch105(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 12:10:04 PM
boktai3 posted...
Patriarch105 posted...

whatever you are smoking, i want some of that.

video game publishers tend to lack vision and the point of that comment wasn't literal. It was satirical in that producers tend to steal away an IP then homogenize it.
---
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#5Legeon86Posted 6/29/2013 12:12:40 PM(edited)
Trusty Patches, Child of Divorce. Only on Vita.
#6boktai3Posted 6/29/2013 12:14:03 PM
personally, i'd be more then happy for them to make demon souls 2, and i highly doubt they are gonna make it a shooter like you seem to think, (still wan't some of that) and anyone who would take the IP i assume would know what it's about, hopefully they'd bring it to PC though.
#7saxrohmerPosted 6/29/2013 12:16:25 PM
I was gonna add this to your other, similar thread but it was locked:

1. We know Miyazaki is working on an unannounced Next gen title, which is why he stepped away from DkS2(among other reasons).

2. We know Sony owns the rights to publish DeS, in Japan at least.

3. We know that due to the unexpected popularity of DkS, and to a lesser degree DeS, Bamco is pushing DkS2 HARD... with a huge triple A style ad campaign.

4. We know From is a mid-sized developer of 200ish people, who tend to work on no more than 2 titles at a time.

Given all of this, DeS2 is certainly a possibility!
---
Speak not the Watchers, Draw not the Watchers, Write not the Watchers, Sculpt not the Watchers, Sing not the Watchers, Call not the Watchers' name
#8Patriarch105(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 12:24:58 PM
saxrohmer posted...
I was gonna add this to your other, similar thread but it was locked:

1. We know Miyazaki is working on an unannounced Next gen title, which is why he stepped away from DkS2(among other reasons).

2. We know Sony owns the rights to publish DeS, in Japan at least.

3. We know that due to the unexpected popularity of DkS, and to a lesser degree DeS, Bamco is pushing DkS2 HARD... with a huge triple A style ad campaign.

4. We know From is a mid-sized developer of 200ish people, who tend to work on no more than 2 titles at a time.

Given all of this, DeS2 is certainly a possibility!

But don't you think that that is counterproductive? They'd be making Dark and Demon's and the games would cut into the others sales. A publisher would see this. and I don't think Miyazaki would go to work on DeS unless he knew he was getting the IP back in exchange.

I don't understand why you mentioned 3. I don't think treating a souls game like a triple A game is a good idea. So many triple A games are overly estimated and then get cut at the knees because they didn't reach projections even though they made a profit.

One thing great about Souls games is that they've always been properly accounted. They expected it to sell X amount of copies and it usually sold more then their projections. I'd just not like to see a producer sticking their fingers in where it doesn't belong.
---
#9DJ_0000Posted 6/29/2013 12:27:25 PM
If they were to make it I don't think From would be involved since Dark Souls is what they consider a natural evolution of Demon's Souls with the addition of certain mechanics, the connected world, etc. I don't imagine they want to work their way backwards like that.

Pretty sure nothing is coming of this since I remember Sony bringing up Demons Souls before Dark was released and they basically said they'd be interested in selling the IP to From if they wanted it (which doesn't seem to be the case).
#10PraisedasunPosted 6/29/2013 12:28:58 PM
Unless from software is developing it,I won't even care about it.