What do you use for the fight against Bell Gargoyle (without drake sword)

#1marioparty17Posted 7/6/2013 8:58:42 AM
Playing this game again at a friend without the drake sword is a real pain, I only had 5 flasks and no spare humanity for some odd reason,

attack really hurt and when the second one spawns , their no real way to attacking it after, my stat were mess up too with only 15 vit,

having only the shortsword from the starting class didnt help and I didnt pick the claymore up

in the end I just summoned mr sunlight and he ended up dying half way through so it made it harder on myself, but aleast he hit them before he went down.

maybe it because i was sitting down the wrong way because I solo carpa demon first try.
---
3DS FC 2535-3692-1887 PSN : MARIOPARTY17
He covered from head to toe in weaponary, like a rainbow apocalypses - Viridi Goddess of Nature from KI:U
#2fallen_acolytePosted 7/6/2013 9:01:48 AM(edited)
I forgot what its called, but the weapon you get just after you open the gate behind the first iron pig(iron boar). harpoon or something like that... edit: its called the halbard. Drake sword is overrated....
---
()___(_______()~~
PSN: Fallen_Acolyte Xbox: Fallen Acolyte
#3saxrohmerPosted 7/6/2013 9:02:46 AM
Any weapon that you take to +5 at the Blacksmith should work fine. There is a Halberd conveniently located downstairs from the boss that will work just fine.

If your starting class is Pyro, then starting the fight with a few fireballs to the face is a good move as well.

The best weapon against them is Solaire, whose sign is right outside the door.
---
Speak not the Watchers, Draw not the Watchers, Write not the Watchers, Sculpt not the Watchers, Sing not the Watchers, Call not the Watchers' name
#4blackdeathrashPosted 7/6/2013 9:09:28 AM
Generally, I don't even get the Drake Sword until much later on in the game when I plan to kill Hellkite.

I'm usually using the Great Scythe or the Balder Side Sword.
#5ZeroX91Posted 7/6/2013 9:31:08 AM
I use my starter weapon just upgrade it to +5....I try not to level up until Sen's I usually know what build I want by then.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOWef0Ic_QE
#6fisheye11Posted 7/6/2013 9:42:17 AM
claymore with gold pine resin. no upgrade needed. oh and the first time i fought it was solo because i had no clue i could summon solaire. so i just went in hollow.
---
I don't always play Dark Souls. But when I do, I play offline. Stay Hollow my friends.
#7ReahThorolundPosted 7/6/2013 10:08:46 AM
Can Solaire and Lautrec kill them by them selves? That would be cool...
---
X>XIII>VIII>VII>XII>IV>VI>IX>V>III>II>I
#8oORyuumaruOoPosted 7/6/2013 8:17:09 PM
In recent memory, I've used the Balder Side Sword and Claymore. I also summoned Solaire for the extra damage and used the Red Tearstone Ring for overkill.
---
PSN: MrSeizo
DD:DA Pawn: Sylvia. lv. 200 Mage
#9SoaringDivePosted 7/6/2013 8:54:05 PM
Just use a couple soul arrows.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#10FoaloalPosted 7/6/2013 9:53:55 PM
Battle Axe +5 wrecks the gargoyles, even seems to interrupt some of their attacks.