Dark Souls 2 won't have invincibility frames.

#31shadowsofdawnPosted 7/25/2013 7:56:48 AM
moodyjm2 posted...
Time it so you dodge (i.e. miss) the attack, not roll through it.

If the opponent has a stack of WoG then you can never attack since you'll be unable to roll far enough away to avoid it. Also good luck avoiding black flame on wakeup.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#32Snipa_Wulf12Posted 7/25/2013 8:00:33 AM
I think your character should just be completely intangible at all times except for when being attacked, standing still, or moving.
---
PS:Snipa_Wulf
All that i wanted were things I had before. All that I needed I never needed more. All of my questions are answers to my sins.
#33SaltregorPosted 7/25/2013 8:25:37 AM
Maybe I-frames will be removed from rolls, instead enemy will have to hit You DIRECTLY "Body-weapon" contact, not attack boxes. High attacks dodged to the sides, and lower to the back. That would mean slices missing by 5-10 centimeters making fighting more real, which is essential in this game.
#34Alexbynum21Posted 7/25/2013 8:27:45 AM
Alltra posted...
All I have to say, is that the more I hear about DkS 2 the less enthusiastic I am to play it.

im in complete agreement with you there
---
symmetry at least your end will be beautiful-death the kid
#35moodyjm2Posted 7/25/2013 8:30:57 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...
moodyjm2 posted...
Time it so you dodge (i.e. miss) the attack, not roll through it.

If the opponent has a stack of WoG then you can never attack since you'll be unable to roll far enough away to avoid it. Also good luck avoiding black flame on wakeup.

In those cases, shields would probably be your best bet, or spells.

But you do bring up a good point. No iframes = infinite Oki. Maybe you can roll upon wakeup.

Really though, no iframes is a bit silly. I'd like a game to feel weighty and be realistic, but it's still a game.
---
This is a rock and roll takeover, living each day one night at a time.
#36YuenkuPosted 7/25/2013 8:39:26 AM
This discussion is so...ugh!

- People who have played the demo have said that dodging is -harder- to pull off, not impossible. This heavily implies that rolls still have their iframes, just require more timing.

- I haven't seen any WoG or Black Flame spam in and Dark Soul's 2 videos yet. Yes, no invincibility frames in DkS would be a very bad thing. But we have -no- idea as to how it would work in DkS2.

Does anyone here -really- think that they'd remove invincibility frames from rolls -without- taking that into consideration when it came to designing attacks and hitboxes?
---
~**Lolicon Pride**~
#37moodyjm2Posted 7/25/2013 8:45:02 AM
Yuenku posted...

- People who have played the demo have said that dodging is -harder- to pull off, not impossible. This heavily implies that rolls still have their iframes, just require more timing.

- I haven't seen any WoG or Black Flame spam in and Dark Soul's 2 videos yet. Yes, no invincibility frames in DkS would be a very bad thing. But we have -no- idea as to how it would work in DkS2.

Does anyone here -really- think that they'd remove invincibility frames from rolls -without- taking that into consideration when it came to designing attacks and hitboxes?

Have you played Dark Souls?

- Did they REALLY implement a Ring that completely changes the very nature of PvP, not only making the ring almost a necessity, but also make shields, a big part of PvE, unncessary?

- Did they really implement a spell, so broken, that they only way combat it is to use said spell too (TWOP pre-patch)? Not to mention it's synergy with another spell (WoG)?

So yes, From aren't exactly geniuses when it comes to balancing PvP, hence these discussions. Hopefully that changes with DS II.
---
#38YuenkuPosted 7/25/2013 8:53:31 AM
moodyjm2 posted...
Yuenku posted...

Have you played Dark Souls?

- Did they REALLY implement a Ring that completely changes the very nature of PvP, not only making the ring almost a necessity, but also make shields, a big part of PvE, unncessary?

- Did they really implement a spell, so broken, that they only way combat it is to use said spell too (TWOP pre-patch)? Not to mention it's synergy with another spell (WoG)?

So yes, From aren't exactly geniuses when it comes to balancing PvP, hence these discussions. Hopefully that changes with DS II.

From never expected Dark Souls to be as big and popular as it turned out to be. Considering the time the spent working on it and the budget they had, it turned out pretty darn amazing.

They know what their working with this time around.
---
~**Lolicon Pride**~
#39moodyjm2Posted 7/25/2013 9:05:58 AM
I agree, but considering they released it with a spell that makes you completely invulnerable to damage for 30 seconds, you never know.
---
#40shadowsofdawnPosted 7/25/2013 9:08:32 AM
DkS was a special kind of mess on release. God mode spells, Crystal ring nuke, TWoP, elemental weapons stronger than any scaling weapon lol
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||