Is This Gamer Better Than Ocarina of Time?

#61coconutarmy1Posted 7/26/2013 3:46:48 PM
Waaaay to different to compare.

No Song of Storms guy in Dark Souls, though, so I vote OOT
---
Hi.
#62Casul346Posted 7/26/2013 3:52:50 PM
coconutarmy1 posted...
Waaaay to different to compare.

lol
---
George Zimmerman is innocent.
#63The_Mighty_KELPPosted 7/26/2013 3:54:52 PM
No, Polskihammer is NOT better than Ocarina of Time. Polski only got a miserable 29% on Metacritic, whereas OoT is one of the most beloved and highest-rated titles of all time. Also, OoT didn't make obvious typos in its title.
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
#64SpartenX20Posted 7/26/2013 4:09:45 PM
The real question is, does it have to be?
#65XxIamKiraXxPosted 7/26/2013 4:28:27 PM
Every game is better than any LoZ ever.
#66LitanePosted 7/26/2013 4:35:56 PM
I never really got into Ocarina of Time (or Zelda at all tbh) I feel like I'm missing out sometimes because it's supposedly the greatest game ever made and I must just not get it....but I have to say yeah, DS is better. Not just the gameplay either, I like the lore enough to watch videos on it. I don't do that with any other game.
---
To call for hands from above to lean on, wouldn't be good enough for me
F*** You Got Mine. Ellie <3
#67JaghavePosted 7/26/2013 4:41:06 PM(edited)
No and neither are better then dr jekyll and mr hyde
---
I7-2600k OC @ 4.10GHZ | GeForce GTX 580 | 8 GB DDR3. http://www.backloggery.com/jaghave
I fought the law and the law lost
#68Holy_Grail_SethPosted 7/26/2013 5:24:36 PM
I couldn't for the life of me finish Ocarina way back. I think it's overrated just like any other zelda game so for me it's dark souls > ocarina. Dark souls for me is up there with one if not the best game this generation. Overall though it's SOTC > any game. :)
#69RunetheKoopaPosted 7/26/2013 6:19:42 PM(edited)
Litane posted...
I never really got into Ocarina of Time (or Zelda at all tbh) I feel like I'm missing out sometimes because it's supposedly the greatest game ever made and I must just not get it....but I have to say yeah, DS is better. Not just the gameplay either, I like the lore enough to watch videos on it. I don't do that with any other game.

You're not missing out on anything. It no longer holds up whatsoever. It's legacy is only being continued by those who have nostalgic memories of it.

dorsman84 posted...
RunetheKoopa posted...
Ocarina of Time is a severely outdated and overrated relic that belongs in a museum.

You sound ignorant. OoT still holds up and is 15 years old. When it comes to great dungeon design and combat the game still has it. Dark souls will look old too in 13 years but it will still be a solid game. I mean games like super metroid still hold up as great open world games with good gameplay.

You're blinded by nostalgia. I played it for the first time recently and I can say it does not hold up. However, I do understand as there are some games I feel the same way about.
---
Not changing this signature until Spyro and Crash Bandicoot go back to their roots.
#70Sniperdog117Posted 7/26/2013 6:36:36 PM
These are fair grounds to discuss on... not to mention the lack of actual discussions save for the "it's outdated" "it's not outdated" and of course, nostalgic being tossed around a few times. Not to mention the difficulties (read: impossibility) of cross-generational, cross-genre, debates.

To be honest, I haven't played Dark Souls, but I have made plans to buy it since this topic, seeing as its fanbase as a great amount of confidence in the game.