Dark souls 2: Dual wielding problems?

#1ClaymoreScrubPosted 8/6/2013 8:46:51 AM
I understand how you'd be able to dual wield things like swords, axes, and maces, but am I the only one who thinks that dual wieldiing any bigger weapons would just look plain awkward?

Take for example something that resembles the Great club from dark souls. How would dual combos work? Or will dual wielding be strictly dex?
#2Gwyns_BeardPosted 8/6/2013 8:51:16 AM
They had better let you do it with whatever.

POWER STANCE DUAL WIELD DEMON GREAT HAMMER AND DRAGON TOOTH EQUIVALENT ALL DAY LONG BABY.

Make dex better or more wieldy, sure, but don't full on stop me from doing what I want.
---
Skeletal bell toller. Handle in each of my tentacles.
#3YuenkuPosted 8/6/2013 8:52:11 AM
Assuming strength requirements work like they do currently, you'd need a hell of a lot of strength to one hand those heavier weapons. And they'd more an likely weigh you down, too.

That said, I have high hopes for strength weapons. I doubt From would mess them up twice in a row.
---
~**Lolicon Pride**~
#4pyromancerzoddPosted 8/6/2013 8:52:51 AM
hopefully it's f***ing awesome. i want to duel wield greatswords. bastard sword in the left, claymore in the right.
#5ClaymoreScrub(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 8:53:53 AM
Gwyns_Beard posted...

POWER STANCE DUAL WIELD DEMON GREAT HAMMER AND DRAGON TOOTH EQUIVALENT ALL DAY LONG BABY.

Make dex better or more wieldy, sure, but don't full on stop me from doing what I want.

I guess it could be a way to attack even faster with strength weapons. So that's a benefit. But str weapons are heavy as hell and i'm not looking for a mid roll. That's especially possibly with two dragon teeth weighing up to 36 units.
#6Gwyns_BeardPosted 8/6/2013 9:12:12 AM
ClaymoreScrub posted...
Gwyns_Beard posted...

I guess it could be a way to attack even faster with strength weapons. So that's a benefit. But str weapons are heavy as hell and i'm not looking for a mid roll. That's especially possibly with two dragon teeth weighing up to 36 units.

Son I'll fat roll from beginning to end if it means I could wield 2 DBS's again, but this time with POWER STANCE. Just say that out loud.

POWER STANCE.

Damn that's sexy.
---
#7RunothPosted 8/6/2013 9:18:56 AM
Gwyns_Beard posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxu--N3hm-U
#8ClaymoreScrub(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 9:19:20 AM
Gwyns_Beard posted...
ClaymoreScrub posted...
Gwyns_Beard posted...

Son I'll fat roll from beginning to end if it means I could wield 2 DBS's again, but this time with POWER STANCE. Just say that out loud.

POWER STANCE.

Damn that's sexy.

Power stance? Am i missing something?
#9Gwyns_BeardPosted 8/6/2013 9:25:15 AM
Runoth posted...
Gwyns_Beard posted...

This was AMAZING. Lol'd hard as soon as I seen it.
Also accurately depicts the problems with str weapons and dwgr. Kinda.

ClaymoreScrub posted...
Power stance? Am i missing something?

Apparently, that's what you go into now when you press triangle while dual wielding, as opposed to two handing.
For this reason I think it may only be dual swords of a reasonable length you will be able to power stance with, but who knows, we'll wait and see.
---
#10shadowsofdawnPosted 8/6/2013 9:31:23 AM
Runoth posted...
Gwyns_Beard posted...

One of the greatest things I have ever seen relating to dark souls. 10/10 will watch again.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||